Role: Information Governance Lead
Location: Remote (will be expected to attend site in Manchester)
Duration: 6 Months
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of influencing a wide range of stakeholders, including at senior management level
- Experience of change projects at a large organisation
- Has a comprehensive awareness of Records Management techniques and processes that ensures the effective use and exploitation of information.
- Recognises the importance of maintaining the quality and integrity of records
- Understanding and experience of application of business requirements for protecting records
- Awareness of relevant Information Governance legislation, policy and standards
- Experience of strategic decision-making
- Experience of managing sensitive information – policing experience desirable but not essential
**Knowledge of Information Management/Governance/Records Management/Data Protection compliance is key.**
- To be responsible for the governance, safeguarding and delivery of information held on Windows 10 and Microsoft 365.
- Ensure the management of locally held digital records in line with relevant legislation
- To define clear policies for use of related systems, and ensure business continuity.
- To support and advise on records matters and manage information
- transition to Windows10 and M365
- To lead on embedding best practice and establishing information management principles throughout the Windows10 project.
- To ensure application of the appropriate standards and policies for handling, storing, disseminating and preserving information in Windows 10 & M365
- Act as the professional lead/SPOC for Records Management and Information Governance for Win10 & M365 project
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation of information held within Windows10/M365
- Management and development of a file plan and naming conventions for the organisation.
- Implementation of a records lifecycle, ensuring adequate retention and
disposal as and when required.
- Develop and embed best practice records management policies and
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify training gaps or business needs.
- Highlight discrepancies/updates required in policy/procedure and escalate as appropriate
- Proactive engagement with business areas to establish roles and protocols to ensure that Records Management is considered and applied across Windows10 & 365.
- Ensure uninterrupted continuity of Records Management throughout the technological and organisational change
- Ensure information quality and risk management in place prior to the Windows10/M365 roll out
- Monitor, promotes and continually improve the relevant compliance regime throughout the project
- Collaborate with Information Asset Owners and other stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Influence project strategy to ensure that Records Management is sufficiently recognised, valued and resourced
- Ensures alignment with wider organisational governance to enable full visibility and prioritisation of risks and issues
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181