• Job Title: Information Management Officer
• CV Submission Deadline: 14th Dec @ 10:00
• Competitive Daily Pay Rates: £428.00 Umbrella / £340.80 Paye
• Hours: 37 hrs per week
• Location: South West: DSTL Porton Down
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Security Clearance Level Required SC - Security Check
Maintaining an Operations strategy which ensures that the architecture and systems enable efficient delivery of an IT service. Management, maintenance and capacity planning on the IT infrastructure, ensuring the efficient and effective provision of IT Service, maximising system availability.
To ensure the security and availability of data held within the IT systems, ensuring that data access is granted only to the appropriate individuals or groups, and that data for all services is demonstrably recoverable.
To ensure that all service impacting events which occur on national IT systems are fully investigated, performing and overseeing detailed analysis of events and incidents, Identifying performance trends and their causes, and implementing mechanisms to improve service delivery to IT customers.
To assist with the development and implementation of Business Continuity Strategy and Policy, including disaster recovery plans.
To undertake research and development in all IT Operational areas and identify opportunities where deployment of new technologies can assist with delivering the operational or strategic aims.
To ensure the effective recruitment, deployment, development, co-ordination and motivation of a team of technical staff with differing skill levels.
This role is critical to the delivery of a fit for purpose suite of P3 management tools.
These tools are required to:
• Enable effective management of DSTL's portfolio;
• Enhance assurance and corporate reporting;
• Promote P3 best practice and advance DSTL’s P3 maturity;
• Reduce PM and Prg Mgr administrative effort; By providing one version of the truth;
This resource will support the rollout and ongoing maintenance and optimisation of:
• Sharepoint 2016 Project and Prog sites;
• The Forecast Information Tool;
• MS Project;
• An underlying P3 database which will provide aggregate reporting;
• Legacy tools until their retirement.
The P3 team have used resource from across the business to fulfil this requirement, however this resource is frequently withdrawn to satiate operational delivery priorities, so a dedicated PPD resource should secure the success of the rollout of these critical tools which support delivery across the Laboratory.
Key tasks and deliverables
Development of new P3 tools along with the maintenance and optimisation of existing tools.
The tools include the P3 Sharepoint 2016 sites, the P3 database, Microsoft Project and the Future Forecast Information tool
Sharepoint 2016 MS Project