Our client is an arms length body to Central Government who are seeking an Information Security Manager with either NPPV3 or DV clearance, for an initial 6 month contract based in Warwick.
Role: Information Security Manager
Contract Length: 6 month contract
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £440 umbrella or £327 PAYE
Minimum Requirement: Risk management experience within digital technology &
Government experience within compliance area essential
Security Clearance: Candidates will ideally have NPPV3- if they do not have NPVV3, they must be DV cleared
CV Deadline: Thursday 13th June
Provide detailed deliverables for the engagement:
1. Lead the development of an Information Security Governance and Management framework that meets the business needs of the College in the delivery of secure services via the PSN and PSN(P) networks. Leads the development and implementation of appropriate polices, standards and guidelines for ensuring cost-efficient security of confidential and specialist systems in line with current and emerging legislative, College, CESG and Home Office directives.
2. Be accountable for Information Security Risk Management undertaking risk management assessments and ensuring a consistent approach to Information Risk management is undertaken across the Information Security Team
3. Be accountable for ensuring assurance and/or accreditation is in place for all digital infrastructure, systems and services used or delivered by the College
4. Be accountable for developing and implementing a rigorous and proactive assurance and accreditation framework identifying, highlighting and addressing shortcomings where appropriate, to demonstrate security compliance against PSNP code of connections and other external information security standards adopted within the College. Lead the Information Security team in the consistent adoption and delivery of the assurance framework identifying where external assurance is required.
5. Be accountable for the development, rehearsal and maintenance of the IS Unit’s Business Continuity Plan to ensure its integrity in meeting the overarching needs of the College’s Business Continuity Plan and the individual Business Unit BC plans. Lead exercises to test the IS BC plan. Devise, implement and maintain a robust communication plan which confirms each member of the IS Unit understands and can carry out their role in the execution of the plan.
6. Be accountable for the security incident management activities and where necessary carry out and/or commission internal and external investigations into Information security and cyber security breaches and external attacks on the College’s IT networks and systems, in accordance with Security Police Framework, GovCertUK and College procedures. Prepare and review reports for the Senior Information Risk Officer (SIRO) and Head of IS and assess, agree and implement mitigating and remediation actions, including potential disciplinary action, promptly to counter further breaches and restore services securely.
6. Lead on the raising of awareness of Information Security and its place in the College’s overall security and risk management processes. Develop or commission awareness and training courses to ensure the Information Security is embedded in day to day operations across the College.
Provide a brief description
To provide interim cover for role and continuity of handover
skills (including specialist skills) and/or knowledge required:
1. CISSP/CISM or equivalent experience
2. PSN assurance/accreditation of Govt networks.
3. Technical infrastructure security techniques and management
4. Systems security architecture
5. Stakeholder and project management
Qualifications and Experience required
1. CISSP/CISM certification
2. ITIL Foundation
3. government assurance/accreditation experience