Role: Lead Business Analyst – SC Cleared
Location: Hybrid – (London – 2 days/week on site)
Rate: £600/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 3 Months initial (likely extension)
Security Clearance: Active SC Clearance essential & Sole UK national
CV Deadline: 4th August
- As a leader, you will take responsibility for the business analysis service for the programme, provide advice, guidance and coaching for Business Analysts and make service decisions to ensure the effectiveness of the business analysis function on the programme. You’ll define the roles and responsibilities for the business analysis staff
- As a Lead Business Analyst, you are the programme go-to person for business analysis best practice and knowledge. You are highly proficient in all areas of business analysis
- As a Lead Business Analyst, you will advise and support throughout the business change lifecycle, ensuring that change initiatives are aligned with the strategy, requirements and enterprise architecture.
- You’ll work with stakeholders to determine the contribution that business and IT improvements can make to achieving the organisation’s objectives; agreeing and prioritising business requirements, conducting feasibility studies, supporting the production of both organisational-level and detailed business models, and overseeing the definition and implementation of improved technology solutions.
- You and your team will model options, document and evaluate business processes, elicit requirements, identify areas for improvement, and support the development and implementation of solutions. You will undertake gap analysis and highlight key risks/blockers/dependencies and lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimisation analysis.
- You and your team will produce wireframes, user stories and other appropriate artefacts to support the programme’s success. Your methods and deliverables will adhere to the Government Digital Standards (GDS), where appropriate, including accessibility and security.
- You will take an active part, supporting the architecture team, in providing evidence for IT policy-making and in both software and hardware procurement. You’ll act as an advocate for the business, ensuring the IT provision meets the strategic objectives of the organisation or business units.
- You will lead on the running meetings and workshops with various stakeholders and in producing comprehensive analysis, reports and solutions. You will work closely with IT colleagues and suppliers to ensure end-to-end business approach and proposed solutions meet business needs and requirements taking a customer/user-centric approach.
- You and your team will support in identifying and analysing problems and issues that may affect the successful adoption of new IT systems and apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the programmes delivery plans and organisational objectives are achieved.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- You will have the ability to write clearly and concisely communicating complex analytical information according to the needs of the audience. You will have experience of data reporting and analytical skills and experience of interpreting data;
- Agile working. You will have experience of working in agile, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them.
- Business analysis. You know how to investigate operational needs or problems and assist in the recommendation of service improvement and business solutions. You can contribute to recommendations to improve services and understand the importance of evidence-based design or analysis.
- Business improvement process. You can identify service and process improvement opportunities. You can contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions. You are aware of the target operating model. Producing "as is" and "to be" business process maps.
- Business modelling. You can model areas using established techniques and understand the purpose of this and its importance. You can assist in complex modelling if required.
- Requirements definition and management. You know about tools and techniques for determining requirements. You can talk about the objectives of the business.
- User focus. You have an awareness or understanding of user experience analysis and its principles. You can see the purpose of user stories and focus on user needs.
- Planning, running and facilitating user workshops.
- Produce process maps, elicit requirements and produce relevant artefacts including user stories
- Produce wireframes to support proof of concept or prototyping activities
- Conduct analysis to propose product improvements to delivery teams and product management.
- Working with designers to iterate products and services based on user needs.
- Contribute to ways of working of the team incl. agile sprint ceremonies.
Essential Core Skills:
- You’ll be highly proficient in applying business analysis tools and techniques which help when investigating, analysing, modelling and recording a business area or system of interest
- Proactive approach to developing consistent and coherent business analysis practice in a distributed team
- Strong experience of agile frameworks
- A robust understanding of user-centred design practices
- The ability to recognise organisational and technological change opportunities that will improve business efficiency and effectiveness
- The ability to ensure that business benefits are clearly defined, appropriately quantified and are managed through to realisation.
- You will be able to communicate fluently and persuasively on all aspects of business analysis work and findings, while communicating effectively with executives and staff at all levels and grades - and with external audiences in both public and organisational forums to ensure successful outcomes and to bring others on a journey with you
- Proven track record in planning the user testing of products for multiple audiences.
- Experience of conducting user interviews and communicating user needs to senior stakeholders.
- Experience analysing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce business analysis artefacts.
- Strong strategic thinker and the ability to align business analysis activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform propositions
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181