Role: Lead Data Manager
Location: Harwell (905 remote working)
Rate: £550day (umbrella)
Duration: 12 Months
- Strong Background in Data (as a data manager)
- Strong understanding of data governance ideally within public sector
Radioactive Waste Management Limited (RWM) have established a Digital Programme as a key enabler; initiated to capture RWM’s diverse and complex digital requirements and ensure alignment to business demand.
The programme will collate the current and future digital requirements and alongside this evaluate the current infrastructure and services with IT to understand the modernisation and development needed. Working with the Executive and key stakeholders, the Digital Programme is to support the validation of requirements, architecture, cultural change and initiation of digital services and infrastructure.
The Digital Programme will establish and maintain governance, principles and standards in the delivery of digital initiatives across the business. This includes integration across the wider NDA businesses/group to ensure alignment to wider initiatives facilitating common platforms/tools. Ultimately enabling RWM to modernise our IT & Digital services aligned to key deliverables such as GDF, Waste Management directives and encompassing the Integrated Waste Management programme.
Core day to day duties:
- Develop the Data Management Strategy to include the impact of latest technologies, regulations, industry standardisation and architectural practises.
- Work with across RWM and IWM capabilities and functions, supporting them in the creation and execution of data strategies in conjunction with the holistic Data Strategy to ensure top down policies, standards and Frameworks are defined, understood and adhered to.
- Develop capabilities to visualise the data and architecture landscape across the business and define metrics to effectively measure the data complexities and the current state of our dat capabilities.
- Coordinate with capabilities and functions to develop their target data architecture and approach to simplification of that architecture.
- Define and establish an Enterprise Data Catalogue providing transparency on governed data in Authoritative Data Sources.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management by integration with Quality standards embedded within the Business Quality Management and Business Managements Systems.
- Formulate solutions for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure processes and procedures for data handling and analysis, with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules, processes and procedures for data sharing with senior management, capabilities, systems and out to OneNDA group wide and external stakeholders
- Support others in the daily use of data and information systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.) in conjunction with the architectural team in Digital.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses in conjunction with Information Security and Information Governance teams.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and establish need for change or maintenance.
- Ensure all outputs are User Experience centric and ensure data management drives the business to empower people and their everyday work through better collections, storage and use of our data.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience within Technology, Data and Digital and preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience in Data Strategy and Architecture that involved setting standards, frameworks and developing proven processes at the enterprise level.
- Excellent understanding of data governance, administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Good understanding of the impact of technological trends (such as Cloud, Distributed Computing, Analytics etc.) on data management.
- Comfortable in managing fluidity in scope, and ability to shape new concepts, initiatives and approaches from scratch.
- Result oriented, proactive approach to manage workload, taking ownership of tasks and issues and seeing them through to completion within allotted timeframes.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to apply a logical and detail oriented analytical thought process to resolving issues.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (presentation, interpersonal).
- Experience of distilling key messages from senior management into a manner that can be easily consumed by the wider organisation.
- Ability to challenge, influence and drive progress working with groups with differing priorities.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.) and SQL
- High level of energy and drive for results - able to prioritise and work with rigour to a high quality. Tenacious and consistently delivers
- Experience of working in fast paced, complex change or transformations projects or environments
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181