Our client NHS Wales Informatics Service are seaking a lead Software develoer for an initial 6 month contract based at NHS Wales Informatics Service (DA NHSWIS) Ty Glan-yr-Afon (W Cardiff Ty Glan-yr-Afon)
Lead Software Developer/Band 7
£400 per day
The National Wales Informatics Service (NWIS) incorporates a National Programme to develop new methods, tools and information technologies to transform health services for the people of Wales. Its aim is to modernise health service delivery, promoting new ways of working through better access to information and knowledge for shared decision making.
The objective of this procurement is to recruit a Lead Software Developer, specialising in Xamarin mobile application development and app store deployment.
Suppliers are required to provide CVs for providing a Lead Software Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on developing software components for National applications and ensuring they are rigorously built and tested in accordance with software industry best practice.
- Guide users and other stakeholders on the most effective way to solve business problems when developing software applications.
- Contribute ideas on how to become more effective during regular team meetings such as Sprint retrospectives.
- Mentor junior colleagues, analysing their strengths and weaknesses and providing advice and guidance to develop their skills and abilities (particularly their technical expertise).
- Routinely solve complex technical and business logic problems, providing for the most part, elegant solutions that make use of suitable software patterns.
- Develop suitable test plans and supporting test data to prove the correct operation of code during unit testing.
- Prepare well written technical documentation to ensure software applications are well understood and maintainable.
The Lead Software Developer must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Honours degree in Software Development or equivalent qualifications, knowledge or experience.
- Foundation qualification in an agile development methodology (e.g. the BCS Foundation Agile) or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Skills and Experience
CV’s submitted must evidence that candidates have the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to write software code and produce elegant, robust and maintainable software applications.
- Experience of developing iOS and/or Android applications with XAML, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Xamarin or similar.
•ASP.NET MVC and the latest Microsoft .NET technologies (up to version 4.6).
• Excellent understanding of OOP and software design patterns.
• Entity Framework and LINQ.
• Unit testing frameworks such as MSTest or NUnit.
• SQL, Enterprise RDBMS.
• Mentoring and coaching junior development staff.
Work will be based at Ty Glan Yr Afon, Cardiff.
Expenses will be paid for any mileage covered in the course of the working day (i.e. from work base to any other NHS premises) in accordance with the Velindre NHS Trust’s Public Transport rate (33p per mile). The successful candidate will report to Rhys Hopkins, Senior Solutions Architect.
The contract will be awarded according to the Terms and Conditions of Contract governing the Crown Commercial Services NMNC Framework Agreement.
This job role has been assessed as operating ‘Inside’ IR35. Agencies must only submit candidates who operate on this basis.
The initial duration of this agreement will be for six months, with a potential to extend by mutual agreement. The resource will be required on a full-time basis.
Notice Period for this assignment will be 1 Month.