Role: Linux System Administrator
Contracting Authority: Home Office
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Lunar House Croydon
IR35: In Scope
Salary: £450 per day
Security Clearance: Valid SC
CV Deadline: Thursday 1st November 10am
The main objective of this request is to procure specialist skill set for the HO DACC Strategic Service a new build and design is required to move the DACC Alpha and Beta system to a new Home Office Hosting site in AWS it has been agreed by the DACC that new skills are required to progress with the build into Home Office Hosting in AWS.
The move has identified an urgent need for resource to cover the business-critical elements of the DACC system.
The required service support request is for AWS Operational skills (Architecture and Operations) Strong Unix System Administration and knowledge and experience with Database Management (Sql and PostgresQL) providing low level technical design and assurance. The Service contract needed must include priority considerations as listed within this application- Travel to other locations Cody Technology Park Old Ively Road Farnborough Hampshire GU14 0LX
1. Installation, configuration and Management of the HODAC Unix/Linux variants (RHEL, Centos, Scientific etc etc)
2. Installation, configuration and management of AWS deployments.
3. Define and document the AWS best practice using standards and principles defined by the Home Office I&P team
4. Data Security Management: Managing and protecting all aspects of information technology security.
5. Low level design: Design and document processes to optimise and enhance day to day operations.
6. Support UAT work for new software and hardware implementations
1. Linux Management and Administration
2. AWS Installation and Management
3. Linux Administration and Management (RHEL, Centos etc.)
4. Knowledge and Experience in Terraform
5. Knowledge and Experience in Kubernetes
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE required
1. Linux Qualifications
2. AWS Qualifications
3. Terraform Experience
4. Kubernetes Experience
5. Docker Experience
1. Linux System Administration
2. AWS Skills
3. EC2 Skills
4. S3 Skills
5. RDS Skills
6. VPC Skills