Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skilled or Electrical bias)
Location: Birmingham, Halesowen, Selly Oak, Rubery, West Midlands
Salary: 28-35k (Dependant on experience) + shift allownace
Benefits: Pension : 4%, 24 days holiday (+8 stats) : increased 1 day for every years service
Hours of work: (rotating shifts 06:00 : 14:00 and 16:00 : 00:00) with up to 2 hours per day compulsory overtime on a planned basis £7.30 shift allowance per day
The Client: Leading 1st tier supplier in the Automotive sector
- To maintain all plant and equipment so that it is capable of running at its optimum speed and reliability level.
- Provide quick and effective response to all unplanned equipment breakdowns.
- Identify machine and process kaizen ideas to improve existing process reliability and cycle time.
- Assist all layout change activity including disconnecting, moving and installing plant and equipment as required.
- Provide technical support and expertise for all NPI and Kaizen projects.
- Complete all allocated TPM in accordance with the appropriate schedules and specific requirements.
- Provide an effective and efficient response to all unplanned plant and equipment breakdowns, both mechanical and electrical.
- Complete all relevant records both paper and electronic with the appropriate level of detail to enable analysis of fault types, downtime and costs.
- Maintain and improve process settings to ensure product quality is sustained at an acceptable level.
- To ensure health & safety is paramount to prevent accidents and subsequent claims.
- To meet customer demands, internally and externally, on time and at the right quality.
- To provide electrical, instrumentation and other engineering support on continuous projects.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the TPM system and suggest improvements where appropriate
- To be able to run PLC controls, troubleshoot and PLC related continuous improvement projects.
- To be able to work under the Project Engineers instruction and to act under their own initiative.
- To be able to train Operators and other members of the Maintenance teams in basic maintenance skills as appropriate.
- To ensure that all tasks comply to Health & Safety requirements and, where necessary, areas are isolated and made secure before commencing work and made safe during work and on completion.
- To ensure that any hazardous materials used or created during any tasks performed are disposed of in the required manner according to environmental standards.
- Maintain the 2S condition of their work environment in all areas that they are working in.
- Any other reasonable tasks, as required.
- Successful closure of all allocated ESR’s
- Minimise downtime of production facility caused by machine failure
- Development of TPM within given area of business to improve machine availability
- Demonstrable use of Practical Problem Solving Tools and Techniques in solving complex problems and evaluating breakdowns >30minutes.
- Able to demonstrate kaizen project results in terms of cost, quality, H&S and/or Environment improvements
- To constantly improve and develop the process to ensure an efficient operation
- To carry out any other duties, relevant to the post which may arise.
- Ideally the maintenance engineer will have served a recognised apprenticeship in
either a mechanical or electrical discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience in one or more of the following:
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Mechanical drives and systems
- Electrical and electronic control systems
- Electrical installation
- PLC’s (preferably Mitsubishi)
- Robots (preferably Panasonic)
- Welding equipment (MiG,TiG, Spot and Seam Spot)
- Stretch bend tooling
- Weld jig tooling
- Press tooling
- They must have maintenance experience in a mass production environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
- They will have a good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements
- and be able to show a good track record in these areas.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office applications
- Able to read and interperate technical drawings and manuals
- Practical problem solving tools and techniques
- Experience of TPM systems
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181