Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Location: West Yorkshire, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Heckmondwike
Hours: 3 shifts: 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6
The Client: Leading 1st tier supplier in the Automotive sector
- To maintain and repair all plant machinery and equipment to the highest possible standard using pro-active methods such as Predictive / Preventative maintenance.
- Project work to improve plant efficiency.
- To flex own working pattern where required to support departmental holiday and sickness cover.
- Shift work to cover three shifts and additional weekend working as required.
- Call outs to cover emergency repairs.
- Ensure breakdowns are responded to in a timely manner and any follow up actions are carried out.
- Improving equipment as part of the Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensure Maintenance records are kept up to date including daily work sheets and maintenance work database.
- Attend shift change over meetings to discuss the daily work.
- Carrying out planned maintenance work against TPM plan.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system.
- Organise and liaise with contractors, raising permits to work when and where required.
- Support and Facilitate PPS / PFU activities to identify root causes of deficits and manage the achievement of relevant corrective actions.
- Work flexibly and carry out additional duties as required.
- To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture across the site.
- Knowledge and understanding and the ability to fault find PLC Systems, HMI’s, DC drives, Inverter controls and safety control systems (mainly Siemens / Mitsubishi).
- Knowledge and competent in fault finding burner controls / gas systems.
- Understanding of data networks.
- Good, sound mechanical / electrical engineering background, ie an understanding of manufacturing processes, (automotive experience an advantage).
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment- electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations etc.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturers’ practices.
- Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector.
- Able to understand ‘modern engineering philosophies’, for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, 5’s, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001, TS16949 etc.
- BTEC Certificate in Engineering or equivalent.
- Certification in the latest wiring regulations.
- Self motivated pro-active approach demonstrating enthusiasm and initiative.
- Be an organised and a tidy individual who embraces change.
- Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Time management and planning skills.
- First aid certification beneficial.
- FLT licence beneficial.
- Mewp licence beneficial.
- A minimum 3 years + experience post Apprenticeship or other Engineering qualification is required for this role.
- Experience within first or second tier supply automotive.
- Experience of a pressurised working environment and producing quick and beneficial results.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181