Location: Telford, Shropshire, Newport, Shrewsbury
Salary: Negotiable + benefits
The Client: 1st tier Automotive supplier
To provide a maintenance engineering support function.
To assist in the process of maintenance as a Manager and in particular:
- Monitoring performance of your specialist function
- Reporting on such performance to senior management
- To suggest and assist in implementing improvements in specialist function
- To assist in the training of persons in the area of your specialism
- To work towards applying world-class manufacturing standards in accordance with training
- To complete all necessary documentation
- To plan to ensure smooth shift changeovers in accordance with maintenance requirements
- To ensure the application of health and safety standards relevant to your job and to report any default to your manager.
- To report any fault or defect in the manufacturing process equipment and to manage the appropriate corrective action
- To undertake relevant training and induction and to assist others to do so
- To assist in presentation of workshops with your team
- To undertake any duty associated with the tasks of your specialism required
- To assist in monitoring and meeting maintenance targets i.e. downtime using the Pirana system
Duties & responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Maintenance Technicians who work on shift rotation undertaking general maintenance duties. Manage absence and holidays to ensure production requirements are met.
- Ensure necessary statutory regulations are observed and complied with
- Arrange preventative maintenance procedures, drive change and improvement activities.
- Liaison and control of outside contractors ensure risk, COSHH and operating assessments are in place and adhered to.
- Development and control of special projects
- Ensure the collection of process data and prepare for presentation and review
- Monitor and analyse data for TPM.
- Monitor and improve the performance and capability of all departmental employees.
- Lead maintenance planning meetings to ensure performance is optimised to staffing levels
- To action improvements to waste and housekeeping.
- Monitor the performance of all personnel on shift with respect to all aspects of health and safety.
- To undertake full responsibility of management for discipline, health and safety, site management and processes.
- Ensure accurate and correct material and personnel utilisation
- Take on the responsibility for the designated area of specialisation, i.e. machinery, material utilisation, production planning, personnel, World Class Tools.
- Effective purchase control to maintain plant at an efficient level
- Managing and ensuring effective implementation of designated projects
- To recommend TPM and assess the effectiveness of other preventative maintenance activities.
- Identify breakdowns and costs for each machine, reduce costs, and increase up time of equipment through TPM predictive maintenance.
- Responsible for updating/implementing new/old system procedures such as: job card system; expenditure on equipment; servicing of equipment; control of spares; budgetary control of spares and consumables; in conjunction with tooling department, provide engineering support and function for tool changes and tool cleaning programme.
- External audit results (IATF 16949, CCC, ISO 14001)
- Provide leadership and establish controls for the identified significant environmental aspects for his/her function team/department according to procedures and instructions
- Review any complaints, non-conformity, corrective action and prevention action reports and the adoption of preventative actions as necessary
- Ensure the effective implementation of environmentally related operational controls and programs
- Communicate environmental matters between management and employees promoting environmental awareness among company staff
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121794 8181