Maintenance Shift Leader
Hours: 3 shifts: 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6
Location: West Yorkshire, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Heckmondwike, Leeds
Salary: Competitive salary
The Client: Leading 1st tier supplier in the Automotive sector
- To work with production, prioritising, co-ordinating and planning the maintenance repairs, and service of all plant and machinery, making sure production targets and quality objectives are achieved.
- To ensure all maintenance work is carried out correctly to a high standard within legislative requirements.
- To support the maintenance team and production teams, and where necessary, be actively involved in the repairs, breakdowns, service and maintenance work, identifying and resolving problems quickly, ensuring the work is completed in the agreed timescales whilst meeting operational requirements and exceeding customer expectations.
- Working closely with production, implement new improvement ideas on the machinery to increase the machine efficiency, within legislative requirements.
- To lead, supervise, support and develop a team of maintenance engineers increasing their technical skill levels
- Ensure all work undertaken is reported onto the maintenance system in an accurate and timely manner.
- To order critical spares, consumables and engineering contractors as required and book in the orders as parts arrive/job is completed
- To ensure all the maintenance team are adequately trained and competent for their role.
- To liase with production and organise/manage any overtime requirement to complete necessary work.
- Ensure a good working relationship between suppliers/contractors used within the maintenance department.
- To work flexibly and carry out any additional duties as requested.
- To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture.
- Provide permits to all contractors and ensure the correct paperwork is documented such as Method Statements, Risk Assessments and copies of Liability Insurance and any relevant licences for equipment.
- Ensure all software backups are available on all HMI’s, Drivers & PLC’s
- Create and manage the updates of documentation on how to calibrate, upload, download programmes to assist the engineering team.
- Manage obsolete hardware and ensure spares/upgrading is carried out as required
- Be the on shift contact on the escalation procedure for technical issues.
- Upgrade documentation and software where required to improve fault finding and diagnostics.
- Work flexible hours and carry out additional duties as required to support the Maintenance Team.
- Good strong engineering background, i.e. undertaking of manufacturing processes, (Automotive experience would be an advantage).
- A highly skilled engineer with the technical ability to identify and solve problems quickly and seek support and advise when required.
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations.
- In depth knowledge including programming and fault finding of PLC’s (Mitsubishi, Siemens, S5, S7 and Alan Bradley, HMI’s (Mitsubishi, Siemens, Weintek), DC Drives, AC Invertor Drives, Data Bus Systems (Siemens, Pepperal and Fuchs).
- Knowledge of process design, engineering, maintenance programmes, services and facilities management.
- Good people management techniques in motivation, development and communication.
- To lead teams by example demonstrating a positive attitude towards problem solving and be pragmatic and tenacious with a passion for success and customer satisfaction.
- Effective at delegation, time management, project planning, and forward planning through the use of business systems and processes; IATF16946, ISO14001, 5S, TPM, APS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Understands and can apply Company Production Systems principals and practices while operating with an open mind to continuous improvement.
- An understanding of business Key Performance Indicators (KPI), finance and budgetary control.
- Computer literate : Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, BPCS (training can be given), MAN (beneficial) etc.
- Knowledge of process design, engineering, maintenance programmes.
- Experience within the automotive industry would be beneficial.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181