Location: Swindon, Wiltshire,
The Client: A major Automotive OEM
Mechanical Engineer, engaged in the manufacture, assembly & installation of automotive production & assembly equipment. In particular:
- Robot welding cells
- Sealer application cells
- Vision inspection systems
- Bespoke powertrain equipment (machining & assembly operations)
Jig & machine build from assembly / component drawings & parts lists.
- Standard & Manufactured parts ordering / receiving / organisation for assembly
- Resource management if using support contract engineers
- Cell risk assessment planning (RAMS) as required
- Offline assembly area layout & preparation
- Mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic systems assembly and functional testing / adjustment.
- Basic robot teaching (point to point) where required
- Measurement of critical features (Manual, laser, camera)
- Endurance and functional testing of completed equipment
- Uplift & install into plantside including service preparation (Floor, air, power, water)
- Equipment Technical File & Shipping Documentation preparation & evaluation.
Cost & delivery control
- Spend tracking & management against budget.
- Progress tracking to schedule target
- Manpower / contractor control
- Manufacturing project leadership
- Daily & weekly reporting to direct manager.
Qualifications & experience:
- Minimum of ONC or NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven track record in manufacturing / production environment, preferably automotive
- Experience of manpower management a benefit.
In depth experience of:
- Weld jig & tooling manufacturing / assembly
- Measurement systems (Laser / Faro)
- Welding techniques & equipment (Spot, Mig, Aluminium, T stud, servo guns, weld timers)
- Robot system set up, functional programming & interlocking (Fanuc / Motorman)
- Vision system teaching (Laser / camera)
- Equipment service install (Power / Air / Floor loading)
- Sealer systems programming (Sealer / Mastic)
- Machine shop processes (Weld / Turning / Milling etc)
- Safety systems (Rams / Safe cell entry)
Project management skills
- Cost estimation & control
- Parts order / control
- Assembly & installation planning (Microsoft project)
- Understanding of Quality management systems (ISO9001)
- Manpower resource management
- Shipping & buyoff protocols
- Technical file construction
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181