Materials Planning & Logistics Manager
Benefits: 15% management incentive bonus, 4% pension, car allowance £450 p/m
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The Client: A global OEM of construction machinery.
The Role: Lead the expediting and planning team to ensure the right material arrives at the point of fit at the right time. Introduce measures and controls to minimise inventory levels and ensure no obsolete stock when introducing engineering changes.
- Lead by example in demonstrating the Company Values; Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship.
- Develop and implement production build plan which supports annual sales plan.
- Ensure that machines are launched into build on a daily basis in support of customer sold machines, endeavoring where possible to hold build plan firm.
- Liaise between Sales Administration and manufacturing with regard to all aspects that influence the build plan with focus on the customer.
- Develop and implement inventory improvement policies which support right first time build whilst at the same time controlling level of inventory, i.e. sequencing/improved packaging/Kanbans etc.
- Expedite material to support build plan, using line load/schedule/spreadsheets etc.
- Review build situation on a weekly basis, adjusting and communicating changes as necessary and ensuring that exception messages are actioned and schedules issued to supply base on a weekly basis.
- Implementing Supplier/expeditor/team performance measures.
- Responsible and accountable for the H&S team members within the logistics team
- Responsible for adhering to company management system processes and where required the creation or improvement of the process.
- Develop annual budget, promote cost reduction and waste elimination actions along with adherence to budget within department.
- Any other reasonable duties required from time to time.
Essential - Minimum of HND or equivalent
Desirable - Degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience within a material control role
- Good understanding of MRP and other material planning systems
- Project management skills, including the ability to produce and work to timing plans.
- Understanding of modern material control processes
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
- Demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing in previous rolesHonesty and integrity
- Good business and financial acumen
- Experience in a senior role, member of a management team/ board
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181