Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Location: West Yorkshire, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Heckmondwike
Hours: 3 shifts: 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6
The Client: Leading 1st tier supplier in the Automotive sector
- To meet the maintenance metrics for plant machinery and equipment
- To provide a friendly professional and effective maintenance service to the plant, ensuring that the site is safe
- To enrich the maintenance team knowledge and skill base, and be a key player in fomenting a continuous improvement culture
- To carry out route cause analysis, document lessons learned and use PDCA cycle for tracking effective solutions.
- Maintain a safe working environment, following EHS procedures (such as risk assessments, LOTO) carry out audits and propose improvements
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance in a timely manner, logging work carried out, time required, spare parts and consumables used. Document root causes of failures and log any outstanding actions.
- Provide a fast response to emergency situations, diagnosing faults both electrically and mechanically and taking action to prevent deterioration.
- Recognise the importance of energy management and identify energy saving opportunities
- Provide support to project teams and continuous improvement activities, implementing changes to equipment
- Support in wiring and machine upgrades, new installations and the elimination of obsolete parts or software
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
- Effective communication between shifts and departments
- Control of contractors on-site, raising permits to work as and when required, ensuring Method
- Statements, Risk Assessments and copies of Liability Insurance and any relevant licences for
- equipment are retained
- Manage obsolete hardware and ensure spares/upgrading is carried out as required
- Upgrade documentation and software where required to improve fault finding and diagnostics.
- Work flexible hours and carry out additional duties as required to support the Maintenance Team.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Good strong engineering background, i.e. undertaking of manufacturing processes, (Automotive experience would be an advantage).
- Competent in electrical and mechanical fault-finding including PLC Systems, HMI’s, DC drives, Inverter controls, safety control systems (mainly Siemens / Mitsubishi), Profibus systems, burner controls and gas systems.
- Understanding of data networks.
- Knowledge of burners and boilers (advantageous)
- Knowledge and experience in fitting bearings, pulleys, chains, tracks, transport belts and sensors.
- Good, sound mechanical / electrical engineering background, i.e. an understanding of manufacturing processes, (automotive experience advantageous).
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment- electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations etc.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturers’ practices.
- Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector.
- Able to understand ‘modern engineering philosophies’, for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, 5’s, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001, IATF16949 etc.
- Self-motivated pro-active approach demonstrating enthusiasm and initiative.
- Good understanding of EHS
- Be an organised and a tidy individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and strong demonstration of team work and a hard work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Willingness to train others and create work instructions/maintenance schedules
- The drive to learn and train in areas of weakness
- Positive outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- First aid certification (advantageous).
- FLT licence (advantageous).
- Cherry picker licence (advantageous).
- MEWP licence (advantageous).
- Welding (MIG / TIG / Stick)
Required qualifications and experience:
- A minimum 5 years + experience post Apprenticeship or other Engineering qualification is required for this role.
- BTech / ONC / OND / C&G level 3, HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Certification in the latest IEE wiring regulations
- Experience within first or second tier supply automotive.
- Experience with carding (advantageous)
- Experience of a pressurised working environment and producing quick and effective results.
- Able to use lathes, milling machines, drills and welding equipment to fabricate simple solutions in-house
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181