Pilot Data Lead
Rate: £ 600 per day (in Scope)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Home based / Remote
CV Deadline: 7th September
- Prioritising data capture, management and monitoring requirements across multiple products and services
- Ensuring data has been considered holistically across products and services within the programme, and challenging deliveries where this is not the case
- Working with the Senior Data Analyst to identify and define technical and business data requirements for product and services
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders in policy teams, the Central Data Office and other government departments, ensuring their data requirements are captured and incorporated into solutions
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Service Managers and Project Managers to ensure that data requirements are appropriately prioritised as part of product and service backlogs
- Development of prototypes
- Working with the Senior Data Design & Implementation Lead, Senior Data Analyst, Operations and Product Leads to define key performance indicators for products and services, ensuring these are measurable, achievable and that the data required monitor the indicators are built into the services and products
- Work as part of agile multi-disciplinary teams to design and develop prototypes and minimum viable products using product and user-centred design expertise
- Working closely with the Continuous Improvement and User Experience Lead to implement identified data requirements and prioritise improvements
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of data design and development across products and services working with delivery teams to ensure this remains accurate and up to date
Key skills Required:
- Life-cycle perspective. You know how to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle. You can identify which tools and techniques should be used at each stage. You can develop sustainable support models. You can identify and deal with potential risks across or between all stages of the product life cycle. You know how to coach others. You can contribute to the assessment of other teams, providing guidance and support as they move through the stages of the product life cycle. (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Problem ownership. You know how to anticipate problems and how to defend against them at the right time. You understand how the problem fits into the larger picture. You can articulate the problem and help others to do it. You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others. (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Data modelling – strong ability to build data models in excel and other packages in order to provide robust fact-based analysis
- Development of prototypes
- Performance measurement. You know how to oversee the development and consistency of performance measurement frameworks across multiple projects (e.g. key performance indicators). You can ensure that these frameworks are aligned to business needs and strategy. (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Turning business problems into data design. You can design data outcomes by dealing with problems that span different business areas. You can draw links between problems in order to reach common solutions. You can work across multiple subject areas, a single large or complicated subject area. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Strategic ownership. You know how to get buy-in from the organisation. You can work with scant information and explain it in abstract terms. You can develop a strategy. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- User focus. You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user. (Relevant skill level: expert)
- Experience of working within constraints. You can work with and challenge senior stakeholders. You know how to prioritise and mitigate constraints and can turn them into an advantage. You can adapt the approach depending on the constraints. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
- Agile working. You know how to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. (Relevant skill level: expert)
Desirable skills / experience / knowledge
It is desirable successful candidates are able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills, experience, abilities and behaviours:
- User centred-design. You have working knowledge and/or experience of applying service design approaches or user-centred design to products and services.
- Product ownership. You can start to define and create approaches. You know how to coach others. You can implement new ways of working. You are aware of what other sectors are doing. You understand what is most important and applicable.
- Seeing the bigger picture. You can apply strategic thinking to understand how and why your work contributes to the wider efforts.
- Operational management. You keep abreast of industry best practice and can cascade ways of working. You know how to make operations efficient. You can act as the escalation point for major operational issues and champion operational management across the community. You can work closely with leaders of operational delivery teams in digital, data and technology (DDaT).
- DDaT perspective. You can demonstrate an advanced understanding of design, technology and data principles.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181