Salary: 40k : 45k + bonus
Location: Leicester, Loughborough, Burton On Trent, Hinkley, Derby
The Client: A global OEM of Construction & Materials Handling machinery.
- Drive new development projects through the product lifecycle coordinating the engineering functions and deliverables as required by the company new product development process.
- Responsible for producing full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs and Drawings.
- Resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to crushers.
- Follow Group standards in the areas of NPPD, FMEA, DFM, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- Investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner where identified / allocated by internal systems or engineering manager.
- Develop an expertise in nominated crusher product, and its applications.
- Conduct / support on-site trials etc to help generate comprehensive application database.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of other crusher product (in addition to nominated specialist product line).
- Support the business units after sales teams where technical input is required.
- Any other duties/projects as defined by the ‘Engineer Manager’ / ‘Director of Engineering’ from time to time.
- Ability to positively represent the group to both customers and suppliers
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 6 years’ experience in heavy equipment / machinery design.
- Strong 3D CAD skills (preferably Pro Engineer).and experience with PDM packages.
- Experience of Finite Element Analysis is desirable.
- Experience / working knowledge of working with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle).
- Experience of managing the day to day workload and output of others.
- Experience of DFMEA and Risk Assessments.
- Proven track record of project managing especially in a new product development environment.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and become "expert" in key areas:
- Hydraulic system design
- Casting Methods
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181