•Job Title: Product Manager
Client: Ministry of Justice /CTS (CTS)
•CV Submission Deadline: 11/06/2018 @ 11.30
•The Maximum Pay Rate: £450
•Location: 12th Floor, Southern House, Croydon, CR0 1XG
•Contract Length: 6 months
•Clearance Level Required: BPSS/ DBS
•Additional Info: Outside IR35
- Responsible for service design, redesign and the subsequent operational delivery, ongoing success and continuous improvement. Work with senior stakeholders to define the strategy for one or more services.
- Lead and commission in-house or external multi-disciplinary delivery teams to deliver new services and iterations to existing services to meet user needs.
- Be accountable for the quality and usage of your services.
- Create prioritised product/service descriptions and delivery plans to meet user needs in a cost effective way; define and get user buy-in for service definition and delivery approach.
- Engage with technical staff and suppliers to define the best system and platform configurations to achieve business/user objectives. Encourage the maximum possible take-up of digital services by effective marketing, and specify/manage the requirements for assisted digital activity to supplement this.
- Proven people management skills, with experience of managing multi-disciplined teams of UX designers, developers and analysts.
- Adept at evaluating complex strategic/policy issues and processes, identifying effective digital solutions and explaining how they can meet business objectives and improve services.
- Demonstrable experience in prioritising features/functionality that delivers the maximum impact, weeding out those that are not essential and prioritising those that are.
The Product Manager within the HMCTS Crime Programme, will be responsible for:-
• Delivery and continuous improvement of one or more digital products by providing direction to a multidisciplinary delivery team and creating a vision for their products based on an understanding of user needs;
• Helping the team build the right things in the right order by developing and prioritising product roadmaps and backlogs in collaboration with service managers and business product owners;
• Engaging with stakeholders and users to ensure they are clear on the benefits of the product and that their feedback is being used to inform ongoing improvements.
The Product Managers will be working on exciting products in support of services that are relevant to all elements relating to the Courts and Tribunals Service from charge and online plea through to jurisdiction and resulting within both the Magistrates and Crown Courts.
This is an opportunity to work with committed and talented developers, designers, analysts and content teams who share a passion for making Government better.
The key responsibilities of the role include:-
• Full end to end responsibility for the delivery of features from discovery through to production, with responsibility for all the phases in between. Leading a multidisciplinary team to deliver all product(s) through feature releases while iteratively improving them through several delivery release cycles;
• Develop an expert understanding to guide the research needed to determine the business and user needs from business process owners, service managers and business stakeholders;
• Define, explain and iterate a product vision that is compelling to users, team and stakeholders through service blueprints, product roadmaps and user journeys and championing these throughought the delivery of the products(s) and features;
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines/deliveries by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new feature ideas and/or release changes in consultation with the service managers and business process owners;
• Ensure that the relevant technical and business analysis is undertaken for each of the features within the user journeys ensuring that they are all complementary to the overall service blueprint and product roadmap and that the relevant Level 0 to Level 3 business and technical collateral is produced;
• Continually review and re-prioritise existing features as new capability or enhancements requirements are identified and brought into the product roadmaps and user journeys in collaboration with the business process owners, service managers and other key business and technical experts;
• Analyse feature or capabilitiy requirements including build, buy or reuse options across the wider reform programme, assessing inpact against existing and new business benefits verses development / delivery associated cost and with both the technical and business teams, estimate delivery timescales for each feature;
• Formulate, organise and monitor inter-connected and cross programme features and decide on suitable development and delivery strategies and objectives with business stakeholders, business process owners, service managers and technical resources;
• Develop and prioritise a comprehensive product backlog in consultation with service managers and business product owners,ensuring that the agreed governance is adhered to while taking the feature releases from inception, through refinement and then onto comprehensive user stories, code development and delivery;
• Adhere to and participate in all programme governance requirements through the delivery lifecycle specifically but not exclusively concerning risk and change management for any adjustment or inclusions across the baselined service blueprint, product roadmap or user journeys thereby impacing on features through increased delivery time, cost resources or scope;
1. functionality typically found in multi-channel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Case Management and or Business Process Management (BPM) solutions
2. product management with a passion for shipping and evolving great digital products by leading multi-disciplinary teams
3. creating, maintaining and prioritising product backlogs to direct the work of a delivery team
4. engaging with users and turning user insight into product improvements
5. setting, monitoring and reporting measurable product performance targets
6. agile delivery techniques and tools including large scale agile deliveries
7. assure plans for product development of a bespoke software solution, proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
8. defining the governance arrangements for the delivery of new products/features
9. ensuring effective product quality assurance and the overall integrity of the product delivery - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the product delivery, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other features and corporate, technical and specialist standards
10. facilitating the appointment of individuals to feature teams
11. ensuring th