Role: Product Manager
Location: Blackpool (work from home till restrictions ease)
Rate: £550/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 11th June 4pm
The Product Manager is responsible for producing world class products for public services in line with the Government’s digital services standard, that are accessed by millions of users. The Product Manager will use their knowledge of user needs and business objectives to frame problems and set priorities for their delivery teams.
The Core Purposes of the Product Manager are:
- Set The Product Vision - Form the vision for the product(s) and engage with teams and stakeholders in the development of that vision over time.
- Product Management - Define the minimum viable product and work with the product team(s) to agree candidates for release, defining delivery plans and communicating progress to the wider business and customers as appropriate.
- Lifecycle Management - Maintain and iterate a product over time to continuously meet user needs and support in the effective production.
- Managing product backlogs - Create the list of backlog items and prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- User focussed - Act as the voice of the business and the users during development and stabilisation.
- Own the vision for the product, working with stakeholders to ensure strategic fit and engaging the development team to maintain alignment and buy in.
- Develop the product strategy and manage the product roadmap as well as prioritising the product backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment.
- Identify and communicate user needs to the development and delivery teams through the creation of backlog items (user stories) and representing users and other stakeholders at team meetings such as planning and review session.
- Define product goals and metrics, monitoring performance against outcomes.
- Manage, influence and negotiate stakeholder relationships and communicate progress and achievements, championing the product within the department.
- Ensure the product is developed to an appropriate level of quality taking into consideration expected lifetime, investment and timeframes.
- Support the professional development of associate Product Managers in your area.
Technical Skills Required:
- Understands tools, terms and concepts used to deliver a product and how they can be adapted, and applied to different phases of delivery.
- Understands what problem the team is trying to solve. Can align user research activities to inform decision making and action.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. Determines the appropriate remedy and assists with implementation of it as well as preventative measures. Initiates actions, monitors services and identifies trends to resolve problems. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities. Owns an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved.
Agile & Lean practices:
- Has had experience in applying Agile principles in practice. Able to provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. Has an awareness of Agile tools and is starting to use them intelligently. Able to visualise and make visible the work of the team. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process.
Data Analysis & Synthesis:
- Undertakes data profiling and source system analysis and can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data. Able to apply the approach to real problems and consider all relevant information. Applies appropriate rigour to ensure a full solution is designed and achieves the business outcome.
User centred analysis:
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes. Delivers analysis and information that addresses stakeholder needs and provides recommendations. Collaborates with user researchers and other user-focussed professions. Guides others on approaches to understand user stories. Identifies and engages with users / stakeholders to collate user needs evidence, and understands and defines research which fits user needs.
- Recognises when to move from one stage of a product lifecycle to another. Ensures the team is working towards the appropriate service standards for the relevant phase. Able to manage the delivery products or services at different phases.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181