Location: Birmingham, Halesowen, Selly Oak, Rubery, West Midlands
Salary: 30-37k (Dependant on experience)
Benefits: Pension : 4%, 24 days holiday (+8 stats) : increased 1 day for every years service
Hours of work: Day shift + paid overtime
The Client: Leading 1st tier supplier in the Automotive sector
- To provide engineering support on continuous improvement projects.
- Provide technical support and expertise for all NPI and Kaizen projects.
- Provide quick and effective response to all unplanned equipment and tool breakdowns at the commissioning stage.
- Identify machine and process kaizen ideas to improve existing process reliability and cycle time.
- Assist all layout change activity including disconnecting, moving and installing plant and equipment as required.
- Maintain and improve process settings to ensure product quality is sustained at an acceptable level.
- Determining sequences, procedures and timing of operations.
- Support design aspects of machines.
- Selecting and purchasing manufacturing equipment, jigs and tools.
- To be able to undertake, understand and interpret process capability studies and develop kaizen projects to improve the stability and capability of a process.
- Planning of activities, using the PDCA concept.
- DFMEA / PFMEA.
- New products design analysis to be processable in manufacturing process.
- Deciding for quality assurance by control items and by control equipment.
- In depth product knowledge, including boundary samples and tolerances.
- Creating working standards during NPI.
- Complete all relevant records both paper and electronic with the appropriate level of detail to enable analysis of fault types, downtime and costs.
- To be able to run PLC controls, troubleshoot and PLC related continuous improvement projects with training if required.
- To provide tooling, process, welding (MIG and TIG), fabrication and other engineering support for NPI and continuous improvement projects.
- To meet customer demands, internally and externally, on time and at the right quality.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the TPM system and suggest improvements where appropriate, during NPI.
- To be able to work following instruction and to act under their own initiative.
- To ensure health & safety is paramount to prevent accidents and subsequent claims.
- To ensure that all tasks comply to Health & Safety requirements and, where necessary, areas are isolated and made secure before commencing work and made safe during work and on completion.
- To ensure that any hazardous materials used or created during any tasks performed are disposed of in the required manner according to environmental standards.
- Maintain the 2S condition of their work environment in all areas that they are working in.
- Any other reasonable tasks, as required.
- Minimise downtime of production facility caused by machine failure.
- Development of TPM within given area of business to improve machine availability.
- Demonstrable use of Practical Problem Solving Tools and Techniques in solving complex problems and evaluating breakdowns >30minutes.
- Able to demonstrate kaizen project results in terms of cost, quality, H&S and/or environment improvements.
- To constantly improve and develop the process to ensure an efficient operation.
- To carry out any other duties, relevant to the post which may arise.
- Ideally apprenticeship serviced.
- BTEC, NVQ or similar qualifications in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in a mass production environment (essential), automotive industry (desirable).
- Understanding of robotics (ideally Panasonic and Fanuc).
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics (desirable).
- Electrical experience (desirable).
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements, and be able to show a good track record in these areas.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office applications.
- Experience working with CAD, including 2D and 3D.
- Able to read and interperate technical drawings and manuals.
- Practical Problem Solving tools and techniques.
- Experience of TPM systems.
- Understanding of LEAN principles / Six Sigma qualification.
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods.
- Knowledge of measurement equipment in production.
- Understanding of relevant IATF/16949 requirements.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181