Location: Telford, Shropshire, Newport, Shrewsbury
Salary: Negotiable + benefits
The Client: 1st tier Automotive supplier
Candidates must have an Automotive background
- To manage the production facility, to achieve efficient use of all processes and equipment.
- To manage resource.
- To develop the shift and team leader structure to ensure Quality cost and delivery requirements are achieved.
- To develop and maintain a lean manufacturing environment, in line with the “company Lean Assessment system”.
- To manage expense and costs.
- To assist in the development and improvement of the Telford facility.
Duties & responsibilities
- Mentor and develop Group and Team leader structure
- Ensure clear communication across shifts in the form of a robust shift handover process
- Manage the productivity performance of each shift (75% OEE target)
- To ensure the application of health, safety and environmental standards relevant to your job and to report/escalate or remedy in a timely manner any defect as appropriate
- Provide leadership and establish controls for the identified significant environmental aspects for his/her function team/department according to procedures and instructions
- Review any complaints, non conformity, corrective action and prevention action reports and the adoption of preventative actions as necessary
- Ensure the effective implementation of environmentally-related operational controls and programs
- Communicate environmental matters between management and employees promoting environmental awareness among company staff
- Develop a “Zone” focused factory for each production hall with a standard information centre for each hall.
- Ensure robust corrective actions are put in place and followed for identified deficits.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Create a culture of trust and fairness
- Ensure the escalation process is adapted and followed.
- Overall operating efficiency (Target 75% +)
- Lean assessment results
- External audit results (IATF 16949,CCC, ISO 14001)
- Absence of direct reports.
- Customer PPM
- Scrap levels
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121794 8181