Role: Project Manager – SC Cleared
Location: Corsham Wiltshire (some remote working)
Rate: £443.94/day (umbrella)
Duration: 12 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC (Essential)
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams as well as building strong relationships across organisational boundaries.
- Good understanding of change management and project management approaches and techniques.
- Broad experience of managing effective governance and quality controls in a complex environment.
- MS Project Experience
- Qualified to APM PMQ level or equivalent
- Membership of a project delivery professional body such as APM
- Proven Stakeholder Management experience
- Skilled against cross government project delivery framework areas of Requirements Management, Planning, Scheduling and Frameworks and methodologies
- Working in Defence Environment
- Proven experience briefing to 1* level
A requirement exists for a Project Manager, working for Defence Digital (DD), to fulfil the role and responsibilities of a Lead Delivery Officer (LDO) Support Role for the implementation and reporting of DD outputs in support of FHRS project.
This individual will report to a designated 1* in the role of LDO and require the scheduling of all project activity and DD stakeholder management via the establishment of a drum beat of stakeholder engagement. The LDO Support PM will liaise with the FHRS project as well as DD functions to ensure activity towards associated milestones is communicated and tracked.
The identification of all RAIDO items on ARM is essential in the tracking and escalation of all activity and the monthly reporting via a Highlight and BPR Report will ensure that project status is shared widely.
The FHRS project has been tasked with enabling the replacement to the civil service HR system (HRMS) of an Oracle COTS product using PaaS, IaaS and SaaS, and named MyHR. The FHRS project will deliver a product that enables all users that currently have access to HRMS, to access FHRS via a SMI3 connection.
The majority of UK users will access via MODNet connection to the MCN however some users overseas may use alternative systems (Tribune etc). There is a need to also ensure that connection will enable MOD owned iPads and iPhones to have access.
The level of security required for personnel will be Security Cleared (SC).
Activities to be Undertaken:
- Act on behalf of DD, as the Lead Delivery Officer (LDO) Support role PM, and to report and escalate to a designated 1* LDO.
- Maintain a clear and direct communication channel and information flow to the LDO.
- To act as the focal point within DD for all FHRS matters.
- Provide visible and effective leadership, working with DD functions to deliver the required outcomes.
- Support, establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the project. Define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisation practise. Monitor the effectiveness of controls and ensure that recommendations from external reviews are acted upon.
- Build strong networks both internally and externally to aid the delivery of project milestones.
- To monitor project output via recognised project management techniques including the monitoring of a Project Schedule, RAIDO etc.
- Ensure all risks and issues are reported and managed and to escalate where appropriate.
- Report project activity on monthly Highlight Reports and BPR Reports.
- Conduct regular DD stakeholder meetings to track project activity.
- Attend FHRS governance meetings and ensure a coherent message to the customer.
- Support the delivery of DD outputs to meet FHRS project requirements.
- Act in support of the connection via SMI3 to ensure the BT connection is implemented by 27 Nov 2020.
- Provide project management oversight of all DD outputs and correct stakeholder management techniques to enable DD to meet its objectives and prevent reputational damage.
- Experience in managing risks in ARM
- Working to deliver DD projects
- Working with DBS projects
Security Clearance: SC
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181