Our client is a leading central government body seeking 3 project managers for an intial 6 month contract ( 1 to be based in London and 2 in Crewe)
- Job Title: Project manager x3
Rate: £500 per day max + Expenses (approx. £350 per week)
Duration: 6 months
Location: Crewe CW1
Will undergo BPSS
CV Deadline: Tuesday 3pm
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included. Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals
Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed
Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages Working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time
Completion of detailed plan for the medium term including MSP; Resources; costs
Completion of the detailed design phase to time and quality; working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign-off at all stages. Development of stakeholder relationship with suppliers; including preparation of joint plans; proposals and any design and build documentation. Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders Experience of governance and risk control frameworks Good planning and organisational skills Strong leadership; people and communications skills Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
As an EU Exit Project Manager you will be part of a team managing a significant and high profile project in the Defra EU exit portfolio. Two projects will be focused on the imports process and one has a core role in ensuring that core public facing Government communication is updated and ready for publication in the event of a no deal.
- We require strong project managers that can particularly demonstrate the following:
• Strong communication and stakeholder skills, in particular dealing with senior colleagues and/or challenging stakeholder environments
• Evidence of successful delivery, in particular where the individual has shown a hands on approach to delivering the desired outcomes
• Strong risk management skills and evidencing the practical application of this.
• Ability to work under pressure and in an agile way.
• Ability to maintain core project documentation (MSP project plan, risk logs etc) and governance structures. Needs to show how these tools have been used to communicate to senior stakeholders
• Ability to maintain an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
Business focused PM : working with IT team.
Relationship management and engage with people.
Personable and persuade people.