Role: Project Planner
Location: Salisbury, Porton Down
Rate: £480day (Umbrella)
Duration: 2 Years
CV Deadline: 14th at 12pm
Security Clearance: Active SC (sole British Nationals ONLY)
Provide CIS Programme managers and their constituent projects with direct support in all aspects of programme and project planning for Core, Customer funded, and Spearhead S&T at all stages of the programmes’ lifecycle. For example:
- Lead on planning activity and work with the Programme and constituent Projects to support delivery of the business case benefits and outcomes. Support capability building and the use of best practice in planning and reporting. Provide expert advice for team members and project community
- Challenge and test project assumptions to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable. Develop of breakdown structures, quality criteria, product descriptions and monitoring strategy. Support the programme and project manager to identify options to optimise delivery through resource smoothing, resource levelling and rescheduling of activities
- Manage the planning teams and identify, develop and deploy of planning resources. Identify and plan for wider resource requirements for the programme and project
- Ensure that stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed in reporting arrangements
- Monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity
- Provide expert advice on planning processes throughout the lifecycle of the programme and project
Your responsibilities will include the following areas, as agreed with the Project Delivery Leader and supported Programme Managers:
• Support to Division planning: create and maintain the Division Plan-on-a-page, provide independent assurance on behalf of the CIS Senior Leadership Team and CIS Assurance Manager,.
- Support PgM in the transition to the new programme structure issued by DST
- Provide advice and support to PgM in the development of their Programme Plans, e.g. Designing and facilitating planning workshops, development of high level programme plans and milestones, development of programme governance in accordance with MSP, support the creation of Benefits realisation plans and benefits maps, cross programme interdependencies- identify, capture, report, create the Programme Integrated Master Schedule to underpin the Programme Plan, development of Project Mandates.
- Establish programme scheduling battle rhythm.
- Provide PgMs with planning advice
- Provide decision support to PgMs in the Change management process (Triage), including PTF responses.
- Good practice: Contribute to lessons learned (e.g. workshops) at PgM and Project level, provide feedback to Corporate on implementation of P2 process in Division, particularly suggestions for improvement, develop and implement local templates to support P2 where beneficial, and where these do not impact corporate
Planning support PMs in all stages of the projects’ lifecycle
- Planning advice to PM – e.g. requirements setting, estimating and scheduling, accounting for risk in schedules, efficiencies, minimising project life cycles
- Suppport to PM in generation of the IPP.
- Suppport to PM in Project start-up and close down (codes, docs, shared areas, CSAT, etc.) (Programme Analyst)
- Suppport to PM in Reporting
- SME expertise on planning and scheduling, including training and familiarisation of new PM (supporting PMTL)
Security Clearance: SC sole British Nationals ONLY
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181