Role: QHSE Manager
IR35: In Scope
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: Basic Disclosure
We are seeking a Quality Manager to supervise a multi facility national logistics operation. As we rely heavily on third party suppliers for our warehousing needs, the role will involve working closely with 3PL Quality teams and ensuring their processes and policies align to the standards set by DHSC and regulatory authorities.
Managing the long-term relationship between DHSC and our external logistics partners and
working with different internal stakeholders on a regular basis, will require you to be an excellent communicator.
As this is a new operation, you will be providing input into creating an internal strategy on the quality standards and processes expected within the supply chain. This will require you to be familiar with relevant ISO 9001 standards including medical device regulations underpinning these areas, and the best practices used within a healthcare quality environment. Furthermore, you will work with other members of the contract team to set expected quality KPIs with the logistics providers and continue to monitor these through regular reviews and site quality audits.
You will also be responsible for driving process improvements, developing quality strategic initiatives across our constantly expanding operation. In order to be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate past capability of working in a similar quality and continuous improvement (CI) environment.
The Quality Manager will also be expected to work closely with the DHSC Product Development team on any quality related issues and ensure the appropriate steps are taken to minimise disruption to the overall supply chain by coordinating with the logistics providers.
Furthermore, you will work closely with the Head Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental to establish a regular third party audit schedule to regularly inspect the QMS system compliance and process at multiple sites.
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- A track record with defining and implementing life sciences and healthcare quality process design requirements
- Proven knowledge of medical devices directives and Good Distribution/Good Manufacturing Practice (GDP)
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant ISO standards 
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Quality Manager or with senior responsibilities in this area
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor
- Have worked in a 3PL or 4PL environment previously
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and medical device compliance requirements
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: Tuesday 15th September
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181