Location: Taunton, Bridgwater, Somerset, Weston-Super-Mare
Salary: Negotiable + benefits
The Client: A manufacturer of high performance thermoplastics
To be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all legal and moral responsibilities with respect to quality, health, safety and environmental management through keeping up to date with legislation, conducting regular audits / inspections of the company and implementing actions when necessary. The QHSE manager role is responsible for ensuring that the company’s AS9100 revision D compliant business management systems quality, health and safety, and environmental policies are maintained and complied with and that all employees within the company are aware of them and their own responsibilities relating to them.
In addition, the QHSE manager role is the key customer facing contact for all quality matters and is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns.
Scope & Relationships:
The QHSE manager will report directly to the Head of Operations and will be responsible for management and audit of the quality department and business management system along with health safety and environmental policies processes and procedures as defined by the group. The role will be responsible for working proactively across all areas of the business from production, sales and finance to human resources establishing and maintaining a program of compliance alongside promoting a culture of team working, continual improvement and long term strategic thinking.
The role is customer facing and the key contact point for customer quality matters. The role holder is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns.
The role will involve team working and cooperating with other managers and departments within the business and across the group to lead and assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and reviewing the company’s quality and health safety and environmental strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices.
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience of managing business management system compliance within a fast paced AS9100 aerospace environment.
• A knowledge of health & safety practices and the importance of their correct implementation in a manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to write and implement policies and procedures.
• A knowledge of, and experience of quality tools including SPC Charts, Check-sheets, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams and Flow Charts, PFMEA, PPAP, 8D, Lean Manufacturing. Six Sigma knowledge would be desirable.
• Demonstrable record of maintaining and sustaining compliance of policies, procedures and a business management system in general.
• A “can-do” attitude to ensure delivery of continual improvement culture.
• A team player with the ability to actively participate within the team and lead by example, acting in a professional manner at all times.
• A strong communicator and a good listener who will have strong influencing skills to encourage improvement ideas at all levels of the business.
• Proven ability to perform under pressure.
• Willingness to make decisions as and when needed, particularly in times of pressure.
• A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Unity.
• NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate in Health and Safety. Training for this qualification could be provided for the right candidate.
• Quality Management qualifications would be an advantage but experience of working in a quality engineering/managerial position is essential.
• Full UK driving license is essential in this customer facing role
Competitive Salary, 5% company contribution to a pension scheme upon successful completion of a probationary period, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing up to 33 days with length of service, an additional day off for your birthday, free car parking, 1 x salary life insurance and private medical insurance.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181