Location: Essex, Romford, Brentwood, Hornchurch, Basildon
Salary: 45k Circa
The Client: A manufacturer of Aerospace components for global OEM’s.
Responsible for providing Quality Assurance support across products and processes at a strategic business level.
Managing a wide range of responsibilities including focusing on day to day management of customer quality concerns, updating and alignment of Business Management System and leading Company wide health and safety initiatives.
? Customer Quality
- Report and management of Customer Quality concerns with a disciplined/ robust problem solving process including Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and 8D, including management of Customer reporting portals, with timely updates to maintain scorecard metrics.
- Champion Lessons learned and support deployment of Built-In-Quality (Don’t Make / Don’t Pass / Don’t Accept defects) through quality improvement and awareness initiatives. Promoting a Zero defect culture.
- Visit Customer sites where applicable, to support development of increased customer satisfaction.
? Quality Systems
- Supporting the maintenance and development of company policies, processes, and procedures to maintain a compliant Business Management System in line with regulatory and customer approvals. Be the company lead for BMS application and compliance.
- Coordinate an effective internal audit program to verify adherence and support BMS improvements.
- Special Process point of contact including approvals, audits and 3rd party support.
? Health and Safety
- Lead Improvements in Health and Safety to promote a Zero harm culture within the workplace.
- Identify and support the management of potential risks and hazards.
- Support processes for inspection and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
? Carry out any other duties appropriate and a required by the Engineering & Quality Manager to support business requirements.
Requirements : experience:
? Able to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
? Track record of delivering improvements based on the principles of lean.
? Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-e.g. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems to assist with improvement projects.
? Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (e.g. ISO9001, AS9100, etc.).
? Proven lean practitioner with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process / product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
? Experience in a Manufacturing / Product Engineering environment within a large manufacturing organisation (ideally Aerospace).
? First Article Inspection (FAIR) experience, preferred but not essential.
? Experience of Javelin or other ERP/MRP systems preferred but not essential
? Knowledge of Q-Pulse (QMS data base) desirable
? Non-destructive Testing (NDT) awareness desirable
Requirements : qualifications
? Educated in an engineering / technical discipline to degree level.
? Ideally, the individual will be Six Sigma Green Belt trained.
? Recognised Health and Safety management qualification, IOSH or equivalent
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181