Location: Essex, Romford, Brentwood, Hornchurch, Basildon
Salary: 30k Circa
The Client: A manufacturer of Aerospace components for global OEM’s.
Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for the control and compliance of product within the Quality Control inspection department in accordance with current manufacturing and Quality assurance procedures; engineering drawing and customer requirements.
To operate within the mandatory customer and internal specifications and inspect products accordingly. The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for the application of the content of the company Quality Management System which is applicable to product verification.
- Verify the conformity of parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies in line with engineering drawings, the quality management system and any special customer requirements.
- Responsible for comprehensive completion and auditable traceability of inspection records.
- Support Production with the timely verification of batch first off.
- Create and compile First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- Carry out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process as required.
- Identify and report non conformance as per the Company procedure.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance and HSE policies and procedures at all times.
- Processing process and return (P&R) documentation for parts despatched for external processing.
- Highlight and escalate quality concerns to production management and quality engineering.
- Support problem solving to drive root cause analysis and preventive action.
- Participate in New Product Introduction planning meetings and advise on inspection methodology.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Requirements : experience:
- Able to interpret and understand technical data including customer drawings, specifications and FAIR documentation.
- Experienced and familiar with goods inward inspection of finished products / components.
- Experience with aerospace customers and suppliers preferred but not essential.
- Experience of inspecting precision components ensuring adherence to drawing requirements.
- Experience of setting and using a wide variety of direct inspection gauges and measuring equipment.
- Experience of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operation.
Requirements : qualifications
- HND qualified or equivalent.
- Knowledge of both Imperial and metric geometrical definition.
- Good knowledge of techniques for inspection, testing and examination.
- Able to interpret results and appropriately sanction products.
- Able to read and accurately interpret engineering detail drawings.
- Able to apply industry and quality standards in relation to all duties undertaken.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181