Research Manager : Advanced Technology
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire,
Salary: 49k circa + bonus + benefits
The Client: A major Automotive OEM
My client provides engineering support and manufacturing solutions for OEM car plants in both the UK and abroad. In addition to this they also support tier one suppliers within the UK.
The dept is primarily responsible for dealing with Weld, Paint & Final Assembly lines.
- Management of dedicated Technical Research function
- Researching new automotive production engineering technology.
- Assessing and collecting technical information by participating in conferences and exhibitions.
- Investigating the research activity of other manufacturing companies, research institutes and universities.
- Arrange the gathered technical information and analyse technology trends.
- Manage projects and develop good relationship with companies, universities and research institutes etc…
Qualifications & experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a research & development field, including research postgraduate.
- Deep knowledge in a specialized field of industrial manufacturing/production is favourable.
- Good understanding of engineering.
- Strong scientific background.
- Minimum of 3 Years experience in manpower / group management
- Completed mechanical, electrical or materials engineering degree or ideally higher (i.e. Science Master’s or PhD).
- Good teamwork.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, open and responsive to change.
- Self disciplined and the ability to lead projects, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible working approach.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181