Role: Retrofit Support Officer / Assistant Project Manager
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Remote (occasional travel to London)
IR35: In Scope
Rate: up to £400/day (umbrella)
CV Deadline: 22nd at 12pm
Experience of working within either construction, domestic retrofit, the built environment or energy efficiency sectors.
In-depth technical knowledge within a relevant field such as built environment, construction or retrofit.
The Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund is a proposed £3.8bn fund dedicated to bringing forward investment in domestic energy performance and low carbon heating through subsidies in social housing, supporting an Industry impacted by COVID-19, by securing jobs and creating new long-term jobs. So far we have launched the £65m SHDF Demonstrator and are now working on the£60m first wave of the large fund to launch in late 2021.
The HEO Technical Support Officer reports to the SHDF Technical Support Manager (G7) and will be expected to act with initiative and autonomy under broad direction from the SEO and the Technical Support Manager.
You will be assigned to the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund, specifically working on the £3.8bn main fund.
You will have a key support role in providing technical support and developing solutions working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs/programme outcomes are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and procurement of the Technical Assistance Facility (TAF):
- Work with the multi-disciplinary internal TAF WG and liaison relationship with the Delivery Partner;
- Support the Technical Support Manager in the development of the TAF Phase 1 Procurement Specification in terms Objectives, Deliverables, KPIs and M&E;
- Once TAF delivery is underway, support the Client activity with Delivery Partner and Service Provider; ensuring delivery to time, cost and performance;
- Support the Technical Support Manager in the design, development and procurement of the TAF Phase 2.
- Support and input into the work to design and development of the SHDF Main Fund Scheme through the Solution Design and Commercial Procurement WGs:
- Work with Commercial and other colleagues to conclude Solution Design and complete the DMA and Commercial Strategy for Approval
- Work with policy and other colleagues to technical specification required for project performance standards, KPI’s and benefits realisation and management.
Support and input into the work to collate and develop a workstream of research and development that is relevant to the SHDF Main Fund Scheme such as:
- emerging technology development
- retrofit development.
- energy policy and net zero policy road maps
Specific Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience of working within energy efficiency, sustainability, the built environment, construction or retrofit sectors.
- In-depth technical knowledge within a relevant field such as energy or construction.
- A proven ability to process technical data and information to problem solve.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders including academia.
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced project environment including working to deadlines and managing risk.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181