Role: Scheme Project Manager
Location: Birmingham or Manchester (Office based after restrictions ease)
Rate: £345/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
- Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
- Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products
- Operate as a full member of the team
GRIP 1 to 3 development – track development. Track renewals – managing the process and grip process
- Supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages
- Working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time
- Completion of detailed plan for the medium term including MSP; Resources; costs
- Completion of the detailed design phase to time and quality; working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign-off at all stages.
- Development of stakeholder relationship with suppliers; including preparation of joint plans; proposals and any design and build documentation.
- Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
- Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of governance and risk control frameworks
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong leadership; people and communications skills
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
- Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
- Good evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge.
- Knowledge safety cases in support of projects.
- Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including application of GRIP, and Construction Design Management (CDM) on simple projects).
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s Project, Investment, Commercial and Procurement practices.
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Flexible and pro-active approach.
- You will be a team player with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181