Role: SCIDA Engineer – SC Cleared
Location: Southwest of and Southeast of England, including London area. Candidates’ base location will aim to be the closest base to candidate home address.
Rate: £532/day (Umbrella)
Duration: Until 31/3/23 initially
Security Clearance: Active SC Clearance essential
CV Deadline: 3rd August
Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority, (SCIDA), provide installation design compliance in line with legislation, policy and departmental guidance. These posts will directly enable delivery of BAU and operations by providing essential SCIDA assurance for projects and CIS installation activity.
The incumbents will be required to carry out inspections to ensure statutory compliance as laid out in JSP604, Leaflet 4800, create and maintain baseline documentation for sites and enable the Change Control process for ICT infrastructure change.
Candidates must have an electrical/electronic or other associated engineering background or qualification and be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Defence Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) delivery and the engineering standards by which MOD maintains its legal compliance requirements.
It should be noted that successful applicants will be required to undertake regular travel throughout the UK including the occasional overnight stay away from home. A full UK driving licence is therefore essential.
- Atkins SCIDA qualification or evidence of two years employment as a SCIDA within the last three years.
- Experience delivering ICT Systems into complex environments and with other teams (e.g. Networks).
- Knowledge of security architecture required in compartmented certified environments; including policies and constraints associated with ICT Systems and working knowledge and evidence of using MoD JSP's 440 and 604.
- 5 years’ experience of working in an electrical/electronic technical role or a network engineering role.
- IET Electrical Wiring Regulations training
- Proven experience working in ICT Transition Planning and Support environments. Evidence of ability to develop/maintain plans for migration of ICT Systems and undertake formal quality reviews of technical/documentation.
- Experience of IT Service Management tooling Remedy.
Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE, DV PREFERED
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181