Role: Security Architect
Location: Remote (minimal travel to London or Milton Keynes)
Rate: £625/day (Ltd)
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC Clearance essential & British National
Telephony Continuity of Service Programme
Security Architect / Assurer
- Leading the definition and modelling of security architecture for the current and future capabilities to identify areas for improvement and comply with corporate, legislative, contractual, or regulatory requirements.
- Finding and directing pragmatic approaches for the security architecture to match business needs and adhere to broader reference architectures.
- Leading the identification, development, and management of security architecture principles & policies to ensure design, development, implementation and operating boundaries.
- Providing and leading on security architecture to ensure adherence to the strategy & architecture.
- Creating and communicating baseline security requirements to ensure consistency in designs and supplier contracts.
- Ensuring that all security architecture-related knowledge is digitised and readily accessible for use by other teams to access.
- Attending governance boards to align designs to architecture, strategy, principles, and policies.
- Degree in a relevant Business or IT technical qualification or equivalent of knowledge acquired through experience, other qualifications and training/development.
- Subject Matter Expert in a wide range of security technologies, with working knowledge of their integration, configuration and data needs.
- Certified to CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CCISO or equivalent professional certification.
- Relevant architectural experience, including an understanding of NIST, SABSA, TOGAF and Zachman or equivalent frameworks.
- Able to assimilate and consider issues from the technical, contractual and business perspective, supported by a pragmatic attitude to the implementation of security in a complex and diverse organisation.
- A good understanding of the approaches required to identify, quantify and address information security or cyber vulnerabilities in an organisation.
- Experience of IT Health Checks (CHECK), providing scope of works, analysis of ITHC reports and remediation plans
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Makes sound and pragmatic decisions that affect long-term delivery, taking account of risk effects.
- Ability to articulate complex issues and concepts to a wide range of recipients both written and verbally.
- Strong, credible impact, with a demonstrated capability to resolve conflict; build, maintain and utilise relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimum business goals.
- Collaborative working style with a clear focus on delivering outcomes.
- Track record of design and delivery of secure IT solutions.
- Experience of the development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes, and technical controls.
- Good working knowledge of an Information Security Management System and the ISO2700x/Cyber Essentials series of standards.
- Demonstrable experience in cloud architectures.
- Experience in systems delivery concepts including analysis, design, implementation, testing and support.
- An accomplished, credible and respected subject matter expert with well-developed communication, influencing and negotiation skills gained in a complex organisation undergoing significant transformation.
- Demonstrable experience in agile methodologies and frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience within a service management culture.
- Good understanding of ITIL methodologies and standards (ITILv3 and above, Foundation level) or applicable framework.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181