• Job Title: Senior Analyst/Team Leader
• Daily Pay Rates: £528.78 Umbrella (IN SCOPE)
• Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
• Location: Portsdown West Portsdown Hill Rd, Fareham PO17 6AD
• Contract Length: 04/06/2018 to 31/05/2019: 240 days
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC : SC Level or Higher Required
DSTL//Programme & Delivery//Operations//Air & Weapon Systems (DSTL PD Ops AWS)
- Establishing user requirements & taking them through delivery and implementation.
- Defining & documentation of user requirements, Data Analysis & Database Design.
- Knowledge of system methodologies, working in an agile manner to maximise the quality of data analysis and its impact on design and development.
- Knowledge of system delivery technologies - developer will need to develop/support business systems.
- Uses Test Driven Development techniques & builds appropriate test harnesses.
- Leading and delivering OA studies and an understanding of Systems Thinking / Engineering skills and experience of Analytical Tools and Techniques (including hard and soft methods).
- Proven ability to deliver technical reports in challenging timescales.
- Knowledge of Underwater issues and threats.
- Systems of systems thinking in context of All Arms approach.
- Detailed knowledge of current DSD Policy and DSB Scenarios and their use and capable of developing scenarios and associated vignettes to support analysis.
- Understanding of MOD Customers and Stakeholders, Operational Analysis and Equipment
- Procurement processes.
- Experience of Facilitation of Military Judgement Panels.
- This requirement comes from the Air and Maritime Environment Group within Dstl's Defence and Security Analysis Division and will include a number of key future research and procurement studies requiring expert knowledge resulting in a demand for an experienced and skilled resource.
- They will provide analytical support to the models and processes required for the research into the future Under Water Battle Space Studies.
- There is a requirement for an analyst with expertise to work with Dstl analysts in order to build internal capability.
- Support OA and Decision
- Support activities to the Under Water Battlespace Projects.
- Support will include establishing and maintaining effective communications and working relationships with Front Line Commands, Service Capability branches and Project Teams. The role includes helping stakeholders and customers to fully understand their problems and developing cost-effective solutions.
- Work will include the setting up, running and conducting output analysis of Military Judgement Panels and workshops to provide evidence for studies aswell as structuring and leading quantitative analysis studies which may include some leadership of personnel.
- Extensive experience of Maritime Domain/Enablers analysis as well as total system performance analysis.
- Experience of working with and delivering to a wide range of customers and stakeholders including Capability branches, D Scrutiny, FLCs and PTs.
- Experience of leading and delivering OA papers for Business Case submissions.
- Detailed knowledge of current DSD Policy and DSB Scenarios and their use.
- Experience and expertise in Operational Analysis using a range of models, tools and techniques and capable of delivering technical reports in challenging timescales.
- Confident in facilitation of Military Judgement Panels, presenting and engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current issues, drivers, threats and technologies in UW domain and how surface & air force elements may contribute as part of an ‘all arms’ approach
Technical/Engineering degree or equivalent experience relating to Analysis