Senior Design Engineer
Location: Wednesbury, Walsall, West Midlands, Wolverhampton,
Salary: 40k Circa
The Client: A major manufacturer within the Oil & Gas/Subsea sector (also supplying other industries)
• Develop Torque and Tension products identified as priorities by the NPD team.
• High level of conceptual involvement including extensive use of Hand calculations and FEA as well as customer liaison.
• Manage, coach and develop a small team of Design Engineers.
• Generate initial costing and schedule information to create relevant AFE.
• Deliver technical design/development projects within required deadlines and cost targets.
• Component and assembly design from concept to production.
• Carry out assigned design tasks on time, to the required quality and within budget.
• Responsible for control of tasks, including spend and identifying need for budget/contract revisions.
• Management of prototype testing process, including creation of test procedures, test schedules, results and report writing.
• Generate handover procedures including BOMs, Part numbering structures, product manuals etc.
• Work with the Centre of Excellence team to ensure smooth handover of products into production.
Direct Reports: Up to 2 Design Engineers.
• Degree/HNC in mechanical engineering or suitable Engineering qualification with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience including leadership of engineering projects.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Leadership, interpersonal, planning/organizing, analytical and influencing talent required.
• Proficient in using ProEngineer computer aided design.
• Working knowledge of Autocad LT or Expert Cad preferred.
• Working knowledge of Structural Analysis using first principles and FEA packages (Pro-Mechanica / Ansys).
• Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181