Senior Design Engineer
Location: Leicester, Loughborough, Burton-on-Trent, Hinkley, Derby
A global manufacturer of Heavy Machinery
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process.
- Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- To supervise and control sub-contract design personnel as may be required from time to time.
- To manage, mentor, coach and help develop design engineers.
- To conduct on-site trials etc to help generate comprehensive application database.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of company products.
- Drive standardization of components and sub assemblies within the static crushing and screening products
- To support the Lead Engineers as and when required.
- Any other duties/projects as defined by the Engineer Manager from time to time.
- National and International Travel may be required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design
- Previous design experience of aggregate equipment an advantage
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design.
- Working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary plus extensive benefits package, including pension, life assurance, bonus, and much more as you would come to expect from a global employer. You will also have the benefit of picking hours to suit your lifestyle (Within core hours).
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181