Senior Dev Ops Engineer (Platform Engineer)
Location: Telford, Shropshire (Remote until further notice)
Rate: £650 /day
The Client: HMRC
IR35: In Scope
Clearance Required: SC Clearance
This is an exciting opportunity to join HMRC’s ECS Cloud team, where you will be working within one of the biggest IT estates in Europe and supporting a large scale and radical transformational programme that will have a profound impact for HMRC and its Customers.
The ECS Cloud Engineering team require a skilled AWS/Azure/Ansible platform engineer to join the team to produce automation and orchestration playbooks to deliver a wide range of Open Source products. ECS Cloud is responsible for engineering and delivering IT strategy into Cloud environments.
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for designing, and implementing Cloud environments to a high technical and security standard, working with up to date technologies via automation and transition of code throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Produce automation playbooks using Ansible as defined by the assigned product backlog.
- Work as part of a technical team in a collaborative and innovative way, developing ECS Cloud products and services.
- Design and develop tooling, products and solutions for the ECS Cloud team at the direction of the Product Owners and Senior Cloud stakeholders
- Ensure deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available and will also have a deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems.
- Continual knowledge development of Cloud provider roadmaps and maintain proficiency in industry technologies and trends.
- Implement new capabilities into the ECS Cloud team offerings and service catalogues.
- Review and ensure conformance of tooling test plans to meet expected quality standards.
- Advise on Dev Ops standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques.
- Engage in knowledge transfer across ECS Cloud.
- Engage in continuous improvement to improve ECS Cloud performance.
- Conduct personal professional development to keep up to date on new technologies.
- Ensure allocated workflow is kept up to date within a work management system.
- Deliver to challenging timescales.
The successful applicant should have at least two years’ experience as a Platform Engineer/DevOps engineer.
- An excellent understanding and implementation knowledge of Public Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure etc.).
- Domain and Administration technologies (Active Directory) and designs.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate across IT disciplines to get the best solution and ensure nothing gets overlooked that could jeopardise performance or the integrity of the existing IT estate.
- Able to work effectively in pressurised situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of circumstances.
- Able to work in highly ambiguous situations and without supervision
- A strong background in Linux/Unix Administration with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Ansible or an equivalent. The ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS).
- Experience of design principals and being able to turn proposals/specifications into approved design documents.
- Desirable Experience of working in an agile environment and experience with agile methodologies such as TDD, Scrum, Kanban.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181