Senior DevOps Engineer
Rate: £ 650 per day (in Scope)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Leeds, Newcastle or Blackpool
CV Deadline: 10th September
- Responsible for contributing to providing advice and guidance to others in the organisation.
- Responsible for large blocks of work, employees in varied disciplines and with a wide span of leadership, breaking down user stories into tasks.
- Design and manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines within your Functional and Professional Communities
- Lead a DevOps Engineering team providing support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. This will include coaching, mentoring and supporting your team, taking responsibility for their decision-making and their professional development.
- Communicate on a regular basis with a wide range of organisations and contacts internally and or externally, contributing to set strategic direction for DevOps teams and wider Engineering community
- Lead the sharing of knowledge, documentation and good practice with the wider Engineering community
- Work closely with senior officers, providing advice and suggesting courses of action, provide coaching, mentoring and support to Software and DevOps Engineer colleagues and peers
- Interdepartmental discussions and meetings with a wide variety of external bodies and organisations on a local, regional, national or international basis, leading community discussions about DevOps best practice within Engineering.
Technical Experience Required:
Linux Operating Systems
- Use, operate, patch and secure
- Perl Mandatory
Development languages (Desirable)
- Java Script
Clustering and load balancing (Desirable)
Static code analysis and security (Desirable)
Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- GitLab CI
- Deploying, supporting, patching
Code and system management
- Modify and maintain legacy systems and code
- Standardise systems and code
- Evolve systems and code
- User testing
- Automated Testing
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181