Role: Senior Developer - Pentaho
Contract Length: 3 MONTHS
IR35: Inside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £Negotiable
Security Clearance: CANDIDATES MUST HOLD ACTIVE SC OR DV CLEARANCE
Our client is a leading central government body seeking ideally an SC cleared Senior Digital Developer with strong Pentaho experience for an initial 3 month contract to be based from their offices in Southend on Sea
- Assist and guide other team members where necessary as you design, create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the organisation.
- Have strong skills in front end or back end web developer (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and analysts focussed on one or more products or projects. Build web and mobile products to serve a variety of users' needs.
- Provide input into the design of solutions, Lead the development of new IT solutions and initiatives. Implement APIs for internal and external use, Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms.
Skills and experience required:
They must have Pentaho experience
- Ability to work within defined standards and job frameworks.
- Ensure clear understanding of requirements
- Good knowledge of Pentaho Data Integrator development skills
- Work with Architects and Lead Developers to gain high level understanding of solution architecture
- Should actively participate in stand-ups and sprint meetings
- Experience in trouble shooting Pentaho Data Integrator server including platform and Tools issues
- Self-motivated, team player, positive attitude, enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Responsible for unit testing their own work and peer reviews where required to ensure accurate completion of development task
- Familiar with GIT source code repository for code version management and branching.
- Experience with using PDI with relational databases. Oracle and MYSQL desirable
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181