Role: Senior Digital Agile Coach – DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke – Expected travel to other sites
IR35: In Scope
Duration: Until 12/2021
Security Clearance: Active DV Clearance is essential (used in the last 12 months)
Due to security and information access restriction, the role is only open to a sole BRITISH national.
Senior Digital Agile Coach and Release Train Engineer (RTE) Defence Digital is delivering a large, complex and classified ICT programme in accordance with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and requires a Release Train Engineer (RTE). The RTE will be the principal lead for the Agile Release Train (ART) process. The RTE will be required to coach the Organisation and new suppliers during its transition from waterfall based delivery to one utilising SAFe. The nominated individual will require Develop Vetting in place and single UK National status.
The Organisation will be placing two new contracts for ICT services in Sept 20 and Mar 21. Delivery will be based on Essential SAFe (taking the simplest case) with elements from Large Solution SAFe needed to provide the control and governance the business requires (for example solution level backlog, solution intent, and solution context).
This will be achieved through a single ART (with the possibility of creating further ARTs if required). Each iteration will last two weeks, including Planning and Innovation iterations at the end of each PI.Office applications.
Skills and Competencies.
The nominated individual will have the following skill set:
- Release Train Engineer. ESSENTIAL - A qualified SAFe Release Train Engineer with relevant experience in Defence or similar sector. Able to demonstrate continuous improvement and adapt for the benefit of the ART.
- Program and Project Managers. DESIRABLE - Project Management qualification through PRINCE 2/ APMP, MSP Programme Management qualification and experience deploying and embedding Business Change to Front Line Commands.
- Scrum Master. DESIRABLE – A Qualified SCRUM Master with experience of delivering Large scale, Classified IT systems.
- Lean-Agile Coach. DESIRABLE - Able to support and coach Lean-Agile delivery process supporting the wider team through coaching and planned implementation of these components into the ART.
- SPC (SAFe Programme Consultant). ESSENTIAL - Demonstrated through “ Implementing SAFe” qualification (Ver 4.5 or later) and associated experience of delivery of large scale, IT based Release Trains.
- Security Clearance. ESSENTIAL - Develop Vetting in place and single UK National status.
- Recent relevant experience of working with classified systems is desirable. Knowledge of DI and other MOD areas’ ways of working would be beneficial
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181