Our client HOME OFFICE|Digital Data and Technology|Enterprise Services|Infrastructure and Platforms are seeking a Senior Network Operations Engineer
• Capture and analysis of network requirements that applications will place on the network, including bandwidth, latency, fault tolerance and access control.
• Design network services across L2-7 to meet application & users’ needs.
• Clearly document the high and low level network design and configuration.
• Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Creation of network configuration templates and scripts to repeatable automated deployment.
1. Experience working in Government or large and highly regulated environments.
2. Over 10 years’ experience in an architectural or senior network engineering role.
3. Experience working in a complex organisation including working directly with a variety and range of non-technical stakeholders.
4. Experience in supporting and managing BAU engineering, and major incidents in relation to network troubleshooting.
5. Experience in the design and configuration of networks in cloud environments across the OSI stack.
6. Experience in configuration of stateless and statefull and next generation firewalls.
7. Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE required
1. Network vendor formal certification
2. Cloud vendor formal certification
3. BSc degree or equivalent, in any field or relevant demonstrable experience
1. Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
Travel to other locations - Home Office offices in Croydon (Up to twice a month). - Home Office offices in Liverpool - Home Office offices in Southport Provide a brief description •
NOTE: This is a Transition role. It will be required that the candidate work with the Network Manager to achieve the knowledge transfer of projects from the exiting team in the South East, to the incoming team in the North West.
This will include gaining information from existing contractors in the South East, delivering technical aspects in the North West and then achieving a successful transition of knowledge to the new Permanent staff which will be appointed from early 2019.
• Design and implementation of networking services that will support Home Office by providing a fit-for-purpose and future-proofed network.
• Network implementation across physical, virtual, cloud and containerised environments. Including the preparation of configuration and low level design documentation, the creation of run-books and other change documentation and the execution of successful technology changes.