Contracting Authority - Digital Data and Technology (HO DDT)
Contract Length: 1 year
Headcount x 4
IR35: Out of Scope
Salary: £400 per day
Security Clearance: SC (Security Clearance)
Availability: 2 Weeks
1. Wireless experience, Prince2, Managing Successful Programme, Management of Risk Certification or equivalent
2. BSc or equivalent experience
3. Experience of delivering projects into secure environments for large government or highly regulated organisations.
Interview structure: Face to face interview
CV Deadline: 08/11/18 : 3 PM
• Design and implementation of networking services that will support Home Office adoptions of its wireless-based, flexible working strategy
• Understanding of networking concepts including wireless networking, access control, switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing
• Network design and implementation of large-scale, high density, secure 802.11 wireless networks
• Diagnosing and resolving network issues impacting Home Office users
• Creation of High Level and Low Level designs for network services
• Experience of Cisco wireless network, access control, network management, routing and switching products
• Contribution to solutions designs understanding the networking integration points in the end to end solution
• Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
• Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal
• Ensure that network design complies with Home Office standards
• Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver network requirements
Acting as an interface between network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Capture and analysis of network requirements that wireless clients and applications will place on the network, including bandwidth, latency, QoS, roaming, fault tolerance and access control
• Design network services across L2-7 to meet application & users’ needs.
• Clearly document the high and low level network design and configuration.
• Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate network designs and validate proposed solutions.
• Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services
• Review and validate RF survey documentation supplied by third parties
• Performing 3rd line support for a wide variety of wireless and security related issues
Please number in terms of priority (with “1” highest priority etc.)
• In depth networking experience, OSI Model L2-7.
• Understanding of 802.11
• Experience of 802.1x (wireless & wired)
• Experience in the design and configuration of large scale, high density Cisco wireless networks
• Experience of deploying voice and video over wireless
• Experience of using a variety of wireless troubleshooting and management tools (e.g. Cisco Prime, wireless survey tools)
• Experience in configuration of Cisco wireless LAN controllers, Cisco ISE and Cisco wireless access points
• Experience in configuration of Cisco routers & switches
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
• Production of high quality design, deployment and support documentation
• Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure
• Experience of working in a transformation project
• Familiar with ITIL
• Must have existing Home Office SC clearance