Role: Senior Policy Advisor
Location: London / WFH
Rate: £400/ day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
Security Clearance: Active SC (essential)
CV Deadline: 10th June COP
- Lead on the development of one or more policy proposals within the Electoral Integrity Programme remit, working closely with key stakeholders such as the Electoral Commission, electoral administrators, and political parties and campaigners
- Develop and subsequently provide subject matter expertise on one or more policy areas, comfortable working in a policy area that is often complex and technical
- Provide high quality verbal and written briefing / submissions to Ministers and senior officials, as well as contributing to Parliamentary Questions etc.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end policy development process, including policy and implementation design, strategic stakeholder engagement, to providing analysis and evidence based recommendations
- Develop policy instructions for legal teams to be able to draft necessary legislation for Parliament and respond to policy enquiries during passage of the legislation
- Work closely with teams in the department and across government to develop joined up policy positions
- Work with the Electoral Integrity Programme team to inform the implementation / business change delivery required for policies in the Elections Bill and other legislation.
- Previous experience of policy development and an understanding of the Parliamentary processes related to the passage of legislation
- Being able to understand potential sensitivities and wider political dimensions of key issues connected to your policy area/s
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills including being able to translate complex message into strong quality of written products to a range of audiences
- Experience in using evidence from a variety of sources to make well balanced, evidence-based recommendations or decisions
- Confidence in representing our organisation’s interests and building strong working relationships with stakeholders inside and outside our organisation
- Able to work flexibly on quickly changing priorities and actively prioritise multiple issues/tasks
- Experience of drafting advice / written submissions to senior officials and/or Ministers.
- ●Experience of working on primary or secondary legislation
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181