Role: Senior Project Manager – SC Cleared (Legacy Contract Exit Lead)
Location: Hybrid/London (2 days/week on site)
Rate: £550/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months with potential extension
CV Deadline: 4th August
Security Clearance: Active SC essential
As Legacy Contract Exit Lead, you are responsible for the orderly exit of the in-scope IT services on expiry of the contracted service agreements following the successful transition of the services as part of the Technology Transformation Programme. You will be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the required outcomes, including leading appropriate governance and assurance, monitoring progress, managing risks, issues and dependencies as well as ensuring the business readiness for contract exit. You will be a self-starter and have effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategy: Assess the optimal phasing of exit by service line and agree approach; strategic alignment of as-is to replacement services; specific asks of current 3rd party supplier.
- Planning: Finalise and agree exit plan with 3rd party supplier that integrates with plans.
- Delivery: Complete design, build & test of replacement solutions; migrate data and users & deliver associated exit plan activities.
- Decommission: Decommission / reuse / recycle assets; securely destroy data & deliver exit plan activities
- Exit Contract: Close-out commercial activities to get to final contract exit
Leadership Vision & Objectives: Drive the vision and translate into delivery objectives for all teams. Lead contract exit to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes.
Communications & Senior Stakeholder Management: Manage internal and external senior stakeholder relationships and highlight need for senior level support. Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels with diverse stakeholder groups. Exceptional communication, presentation and reporting skills.
Governance: Manage and facilitate the required Exit Boards and Working Groups covering Programme and 3rd Party Supplier stakeholders.
Strategy & Plan: Work with stakeholders to update and agree the Contract Exit Strategy and Plan. This includes ensuring any remaining stranded services on the incumbent supplier IT systems are addressed.
Decommission Management: Control the Decommissioning of in-scope IT equipment and secure destruction of all data held by the legacy services. Ensure compliance to cyber security, data security and data privacy regulations.
Performance & Controls: Own and drive delivery of the plan for the exit of the legacy services for each in-scope contract including assurance activities. Manage and monitor the progress of exit using the agreed metrics.
Risks & Issues: Own and drive all risk and issue management related to exit of the in-scope contracts. Ensure mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreements.
Dependency Management: Work with project & service leads, business as usual and 3rd party suppliers to ensure dependencies are actively managed and raise identified issues so they can be resolved as soon as possible.
Guidance: Provide direction and guidance on contract exit to the team and more broadly across the department.
Highly Desirable Experience:
● Contract exit of large IT outsourcing contracts in Public Sector.
● Large scale Project/programme/service IT delivery in Public and Private Sectors
● Good awareness / working knowledge of common technologies (detailed technical knowledge not required).
● Exit Management of Public Sector IT services
● 3rd Party Supplier Management
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181