Role: Senior Project Manager (Desktop Transformation)
Location: Milton Keynes or Manchester (remote currently)
Rate: £425-485/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
Management of project delivery, including associated governance and management of resources to deliver the transition to a new Desktop support partner. This includes:
- Retender of the Desktop support services
- Support through the tender process
- Managing the transition of the end user contract
- Project manage the transition to the new supplier – business change and technical element
Key skills and Experience Required
- Project Management
- Keeping the plan and the project together
- Live transformation programmes
- End user experience
- Bid experience
- Experience of desktop management
- Good communication skills on all levels
- Engaging in suppliers
- Transformation - doer as well as a shaper
- Manage design sessions and work with the technical managers
- IT change management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives; actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies; assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Effectively estimates costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan; providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders; as appropriate.
- Monitors and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure; ensures that change is captured; impact assessed and approved and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost; timescale and resource budgets; and are signed off.
- Gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience.
- Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Actively represents the project team; ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and; where appropriate; subsequently reviewed; and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
- Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181