2% Occasional travel to (arranged in advance)
- Home Office offices in Liverpool
- Home Office offices in Manchester
(DDaT will refer to this role as ‘Programme Manager’)
Role Based Engagements Only -Requirement for weekend/ out of hours working
There may be a requirement to cover an out-of-hours rota for support. This will be arranged with the candidate as required.
Brief description and summary of the engagement
Project Manager (senior) required to:
NOTE: This is a Transition role. It will be required that the candidate work with the Network Manager to achieve the knowledge transfer of projects from the exiting team in the South East, to the incoming team in the North West. This will include gaining information from existing contractors in the South East, delivering technical aspects in the North West and then achieving a successful transition of knowledge to the new Permanent staff which will be appointed from early 2019.
• Drive the delivery of new infrastructure services for the Home Office by running and managing the resources to meet the specified business need.
• The creation of high quality, timely and accurate project documentation which expresses to stakeholders the actual position on the project.
• The management of contractors based in South East, ensuring clear reporting and accountability for deliverables across the team.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Complete Project Plans, programme reports, RAID logs, Issue and Risk reports , budget statements and cost models to the standard and methodology required by the Home Office.
• •Manage a team of specialist engineers to deliver new network and infrastructure services and ensure integration with existing estate.
• Assess and prioritise delivery plan with team resources
• Prepare audit and management response reports as required by the Home Office.
• Experience working in Government or large and highly regulated environments.
• Over 10 years’ experience in an architectural or senior network engineering role.
• Experience working in a complex organisation including working directly with a variety and range of non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience in managing major Network or Data centre engineering and transformation projects.
• Experience of project management of +1M investment.
• Delivery of complex, technology transformation in either a Data Centre or Network capacity.
• PRINCE2 and MSP or equivalent project management qualification.
• Broad understanding of Government Security Policy Framework.
• Experience at working at HIGHER than government Official classification
• Experience in developing and delivering Agile project methodology.
• Practical experience of Service Now integration
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE required
1. One of: Prince2, Managing Successful Programme, Management of Risk Certification or equivalent
2. BSc or equivalent experience
3. Experience of delivering projects into secure environments for large government or highly regulated organisations.