Role: Senior User Researcher
Rate: £600/day (umbrella)
Duration: 6 Months
CV Deadline: 9th at 2pm
Significant experience of user research within a government or health setting, understanding and application of GDS approach
- Strong knowledge of best practices in user research and user-centered research, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs.
- Ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Participation in research practice development, training and mentorship
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
- Ability to define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context.
- Good time management and the ability to work autonomously.
- Adept at providing simple, clear and audience appropriate research and synthesis
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Experience of high profile programmes of work, with levels of complexity and uncertainty
Who you are
We’re interested in people with skills in:
- In-depth interviews, workshop facilitation, ethnography research techniques
- Ethical and best practice research, and the ability to explain this to stakeholders and other team members
- Inclusive research
- Making complex language and processes easy to understand
- Meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels, offering insight and expertise in how user needs change over time
- Researching vulnerable and niche audiences such as those in financial hardship, with health concerns, young people, elderly or the disabled
- Research moderation skills and questioning techniques
- Developing qualitative research discussion guides for different objectives and research questions
- Providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they’re delivering quality work
- Agile working
You should be
- Naturally curious and able to champion your own learning and development
- An advocate for user-centred design
- Respectful and tactful in your approach to clients who aren’t as familiar with user-centred design
- Proactive and will take the initiative rather than to see a problem and ignore it
- Keen to share your knowledge and experience
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181