Our client is a leading central Government Body seeking a Service Architect for an intial 11 month contract to be based in York.
Role: Service Architect
Contract Length: 11 months
IR35: Out of Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: 600
Role Specification : FFC Solution Architect
Defra is undertaking a challenging programme of business process and ICT system change, in response to the opportunities presented by leaving the European Union Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) and associated payment schemes.
The role of Solution Architect is to support the delivery of technical solutions at a project level to deliver consistent, robust solutions and outcomes that meet Defra’s needs.
The Solution Architect will work embedded with an Agile project, co-creating designs, advising on technical options, participating in ceremonies, and reviewing all technical User Stories for sign-off.
The context for this work is the wider Defra standards and patterns, and the delegated authority of the Defra Architectural Governance Board. The Solution Architect will have the challenging task of ensuring that the project can keep delivering, whilst ensuring compliance with the appropriate Defra digital strategy at all times.
Skills and Experience
A candidate for this role should be able to display skills and experience in line with the Government Digital Service skills description for a Technical Architect:
In particular the candidate should have excellent and demonstrable skills and experience delivering solutions in a challenging Agile delivery environment, desirably in a public sector context.
Candidates will need:
• A passion for fast-moving, Agile delivery environments.
• The confidence and interpersonal skills to become the trusted advisor to supplier counterparts.
• A collaborative and team-building attitude
• Strong communication skills (speaking, writing, listening).
• Recent and credible hands-on experience in key technology areas
Candidates should demonstrate a solid understanding across multiple technology domains, including:
• Broad experience of Azure and AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
• System Delivery using Node.JS, .NET, and related technologies and application styles
• Strong experience in Agile / DevOps, and related technologies
• Continuous Integration and Delivery techniques and technologies, Including Infrastructure as Code and Blue/Green deployment
• Good understanding of Micro-services, APIs, SOA, Web services
• Solid understanding of continuous verification methodologies, including performance and interoperability testing
• Data management including SQL, XML, JSON and distributed transaction integrity
• Identity and role based access solutions
• Utilising common/shared platform services, internal and external (e.g. GDS common platforms)
• Specific experience in MS Dynamics, Azure AD and Dell Boomi would be advantageous.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 27th September 12pm
Interview Process: Face2Face