The Service Architect will be joining a high profile Home Office project. You will be asked to produce comprehensive service designs, incorporating business requirements, wider standards, Live Services capabilities and external suppliers. They will ensure that projects move in to live service in a safe and structured manner. They will ensure that service design principles and standards are embedded into projects, and that comprehensive support arrangements are put in place. Service Architects will be part of the Home Offices Service Architecture practice, and will contribute to the definition of standards and continual service improvement. Service Architects will design and document new services. The will deliver effective transitions of new services, engaging with projects and live service teams. They will deliver services that: • support business needs • reuse existing service components • are proportionate and affordable • effectively span multiple suppliers, components and support levels
The Service Architecture Design and Implementation (SADI) team set the direction for the management of operational IT services across the Home Office. • We produce comprehensive and forward looking service designs • We ensure that requirements for live service are incorporated early in programmes and projects • We manage the structured and safe transition to live service • We incorporate industry, government and Home Office standards, and develop new standards for the Home Office SADI is part of Home Office Digital Data and Technology (HODDat) Live Services. HODDAt Live Services supports systems are widely used by the public. Live Services provides high quality IT services to HOT customers by - • Providing our users with the tools they need to access and engage with services, including a Technology Service Desk, product portals and collaboration tools. • Providing professional Service Management & Integration, including effective operational control, service performance and supplier management processes. • Delivering the technical Service Support capabilities required to operate our platforms, applications and toolsets. • Maintaining the Operational Security of our live services. • Controlling the Service Architecture and lifecycle management of our services.
To ensure that all new solutions that are designed take into consideration the service architecture requirements and that any impact to the cost of service delivery is clearly understood as part of the solution approval process.
• Providing subject matter expertise in the area of ITIL v3 process across the Service Lifecycle, with particular emphasis on Service Strategy and Service Design Processes.
• Providing subject matter expertise on service design into the solution design process and providing key leadership and mentoring on operational service architecture.
• Accountable for providing input into all new solutions, ensuring that any impact to the cost of service delivery is clearly understood as part of the solution approval process.
• Accountable for the full impact and consideration of all availability, capacity, service continuity, security and performance criteria and requirements in the design of the new solutions.
• Accountable for ensuring all new solutions are priced appropriately
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.