Service Design Manager
Rate: up to £600per day (in Scope)
Contract Length: 6 Months
Cv Deadline: 29th at 8am
- Work closely with Senior SD and the Lead SD for Service Design to create appropriate and impactful SD leadership, management and quality structures across the programme
- Work closely with their colleagues in a wider User Centred Design team, including User Research (UR), Interaction Design (IxD) and Content Design (CD)
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and agile, multi-discipline development teams to design, deliver and implement new digital services, and/or improve live services.
- Influence the service proposition across their part of the programme, align and prioritise user research activities with relevant roadmaps, in a user centred approach
- Supervise, line manage and develop a multi-agency pool of Service Designers
- Use their specialist knowledge and experience to make informed, credible decisions about the deployment of Service Design
- Communicate with sensitivity and diplomacy to ensure the right direction is followed and that user needs are at the forefront of the design process
Key Tasks and Deliverables
- Work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts
- Take responsibility across complex services
- Help set direction and embed good practice within teams
- Make informed decisions based on research and understand how this research impacts others
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Substantial specialist knowledge of a range of service design (SD) approaches, artefacts and strategies
- Experience of leading service design activities within an agile multi-disciplinary team with product owners, delivery owners and other UCD colleagues (user researchers, interaction designers, content designers) to create world-class service design artefacts.
- Experience of scoping, defining and running discovery or continuous improvement service design on complex programmes.
- Extensive knowledge of SD methods across the user-centred design lifecycle and how to select, plan, design and implement them.
- Experience of user journey mapping activities incorporating both on and offline journeys, using a user needs based approach.
- Evidence of delivering service designs that have had a demonstrable positive influence on public-facing services or products.
- Confident in working with a wide range of internal and external senior stakeholders, product owners and designers
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and presenting to a wide range of audiences including programme people, the wider NHS Digital organisation and externally to partner organisations and senior stakeholders.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders, product owners and designers to define hypotheses to put into user research.
- Experience of supporting the implementation of health policies at a national level by ensuring decision makers understand the consequences of proposed policies on citizens.
- Working knowledge of the Government Digital Service (GDS) Standard.
- Knowledge and experience of service design in a healthcare setting
- Experience of working on high-complexity, high-pace and pressurised programmes
- Experience of collaborating with service designers and other UCD roles from other governmental, health and private sector organisations track.
- Applies political sensitivity, organisational skills and governance processes to ensure project success.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181