Role: PSR1JP00011623 - Service Transition Manager
Salary: £450 to candidate
Contracting Authority: DFE
Contract Length: 6 months initial
Interview Process: f2 f
Security Clearance: SC : Preference
Main Duties _ Responsibilities: Take the lead in ensuring that all aspects of service transition projects are driven through to delivery; Design, implement _ maintain robust transition plan(s) taking into consideration any business activities required to integrate new services into the 'business as usual' environment; Engage with all suppliers as required to complete production and approval of all service transition documentation; Determine the readiness levels of the department and exitingincoming suppliers and business users with regard to upcoming changes; Uncover readiness gaps and own action plans to close the gaps prior to go-live; Assess risks inherent in proposed transitions, to ensure any potential scheduling and performance issues have minimum impact on provision of other services; Ensure all relevant department functions are fully engaged in the process and committed to supply resources to complete the transition plan; First point of escalation for any issues or problems raised by the suppliers or business; Arbitrate in situations of conflict; Seek out and tackle issues that will prevent the delivery of business benefits linked to service transition.
Purpose of the role
As the Security Transition Manager, reporting to the Senior Security Advisor, you will be responsible for transitioning people, assets and processes currently working within the Departments Security Team to the newly formed security Cluster Unit
You will work closely with various Cluster Units, the Transforming Government Security Programme team in the and others across government to ensure a seamless transition of in house security services to the cluster, and you will help shape the remaining services and assist in developing a new target operating model for the Departments security team.
You will also assist in bringing into operation new security policies and practices as required by the Cluster Unit.
What are the main responsibilities?
Reporting to the Senior Security Advisor you will;
• Establish relevant transitional & business change management plans and documentation required for the effective transition of security services to the Cluster Unit.
• Support the Senior Security Advisor in developing a future target operating model (‘as is’ and ‘to be’ states)
• Conduct stakeholder analysis, engagement and develop a communication plan
• Baseline existing policies, processes and procedures for each of the new service offers, treating each where necessary as a separate work stream
• Prepare the affected business areas for transition to the new service provision; potentially implementing new business processes.
• Conduct readiness reviews and recommend decisions based on business readiness for transition on each C2SU service offer
• Manage the transition of new service and business processes with the affected businesses
• Monitor the stability of the transition process, including acceptable levels of performance (deterioration) whilst changes are embedded. Establish effective reporting and ensure timely remedial action is taken where appropriate
• Ensure that new services and processes are embedded into the business and are enduring
• Working with the Senior Security Advisor to track the effectiveness of new services and processes and conduct benefits realisation analysis